MV Transportation is seeking A Level Maintenance Mechanics. to provide preventive and other required fleet repairs and inspections on various types of vehicles. Technicians must be able to teach, diagnose, inspect, and change or repair defective coach components, sub-components, and systems. This position will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Diagnose, examine, and investigate vehicles to determine causes of defective operation of engines, transmissions, differential units, generators, starters, pumps, radiators, injectors, clutches, air conditioning systems, and other vehicle components.
- Determine proper course of action to facilitate vehicle repair, maintenance, adjustment, and component replacement.
- Maintain, adjusts, and/or repairs to hydraulic and electrical systems, brakes, front ends, and air conditioning systems to ensure the operational fitness of coaches.
- Perform major overhauls, major tune-ups, and repair to brakes and steering systems.
- Change windows and seats, and performs minor body repair.
- Operate buses in order to diagnose component failure, make roadside repairs, or move disabled buses.
- Operate heavy machinery, hydraulic lifts, hoists and jacks, and brake lathes.
- Communicate and consult with all levels of employees.
- Perform daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet.
- Responds to breakdowns.
- Mentors lower skill level technicians.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Trade school/college graduate or maintenance experience.
- A/C certification.
- ASE certifications preferred.
- Must self-certify competency on brake service and repair of hydraulic brakes.
- Able to prioritize work load and meet service needs deadlines
- Must possess tools necessary to complete job function.
- Must be a least 21 years of age.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.