Forensic Metallurgical Engineer, P.E.
EFI Global is a full-service engineering, fire investigation, environmental, health and safety, and specialty consulting services firm serving a variety of industries in both the public and private sectors. Over the last four decades, we have grown from a boutique firm specializing in handling insurance fraud and arson cases and providing expert witness testimony, to becoming a recognized global leader in engineering failure analysis, origin and cause investigations, environmental consulting, laboratory testing and specialty consulting. Our forensic investigation, engineering and environmental services teams around the world share a dedication to expertise, quality and demonstrating to customers that caring counts®. Each of our more than 700 professional engineers, fire investigators, architects and scientists was selected for his or her technical proficiency, in-depth industry knowledge and commitment to professional integrity. Together, our diverse backgrounds and collective insights empower clients to make better-informed business decisions. EFI's combination of global solutions and local expertise has earned the firm a reputation for delivering timely responses that consistently meet our clients' expectations -- anytime, anywhere. Click here to learn more about EFI Global.
To be responsible for the profitably of investigating events, systems, devices, and/or failures and providing expert opinions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Surveys losses and loss scenes at residential and commercial buildings
- Conducts investigations to determine and document the scope of damage.
- Investigates and assesses damages due to failures and determines the origin of failure for insurers and litigation support.
- Analyzes and documents the failure analysis and causation of failures.
- Collaborates with Fire Investigators to produce detailed reports outlining the cause and origin of losses and damages.
- Serves as an expert witness in court and/or in depositions.
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense basis for failure analysis and forensic engineering projects for clients.
- Collaborates with EFI's national team of forensic experts to leverage experiences and assist on projects.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required. Professional Engineering (PE) license is required.
Six (6) years of experience or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle work-related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to kneel, squat or bend.
- Must be able to work outdoors in hot and/or cold weather conditions.
- Have the ability to climb, crawl, stoop, kneel, reaching/working overhead,
- Be able lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Be able to push/pull up to 100 pounds.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day.
Hearing, vision and talking
Credit security clearance, confirmed via a background credit check, is required for this position.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick is an Equal Opportunity Employer