Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced team environment supported by over 14,000 professionals in 500 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUB’s entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
We are looking for a front end React developer to partner with our Transactional Lines business through its exciting next phase of growth. This role will be charged with front end ownership and strong partnership with Product Owners, Product Designers, Application Development teams, customers, internal Business Partner Management and PMO functions. They will bring expertise in nurturing and growing a high performing team and a track record of success in building and delivering products that our customers love. This role will be empowered to drive personal and small commercial product growth by assisting in building a 21st century digital brokerage, with a passionate focus on providing protective solutions for both consumers and small business owners.
In this role you are passionate about our mission to enable acquisition, service, and advice however customers prefer, and enable maximum capacity for growth across all HUB distribution channels. You will thrive in our fast-paced environment, be an expert collaborator, and a master of enabling employees to have autonomy and impact.
- Produce high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software.
- Participate/Lead in technical assessment, scoping, and management of changes to the code based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests.
- Participate/design, development and implementation of custom software solutions, refactoring legacy code, new feature development, and test coverage.
- Collaborate with the development team to produce high-quality, maintainable and scalable software.
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure architectural principals and coding standards are maintained across the code and project lifecycles.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve Hub technical solutions and portal platforms.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written as well as help design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs.
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with the architect, and lead to produce thoughtful software designs.
- Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 4+ years of relevant development experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with non-technical business owners.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business conditions.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Willingness to grow and share his/her knowledge with others on the team.
- Experienced in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and web standards.
- Good knowledge of coding practices and standards, code refactoring, and code documentation is required.
- Familiarity of front end design patterns (SPA, MVVM)
- This position reports into Chicago and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
- Strong understanding of Agile (Scrum) practices.
- Source Control – VSS, TFS, Git
- Interfaces between web / server-side components
Nice To Have
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
- Prior experience with Amazon Cloud (AWS) / Azure / GCP
- Experience with backend / server side API design (Python/Django)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUB’s vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 5-7 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: Negligible
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
HUB International Limited is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran's status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here athttp://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
We endeavor to make this website accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the US Recruiting Team toll-free at (844) 300-9193 [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. This contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.