Brief Description of Sunnova Sunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independence TM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Full Stack Developer II Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for Full Stack Developer II to be responsible for building, enhancing, and integrating solutions to operationalize Sunnova’s products and services. The candidate’s contributions will enable transformation of the electric grid from a centralized network of fossil-fuel-burning power plants to a more distributed and collaborative infrastructure powered by clean, renewable energy.
Residential rooftop solar and battery storage are critical parts of the grid's future and Sunnova is leading the way to make that transition a reality. Sunnova is actively working across the country to help utilities manage facility and power needs more efficiently by integrating more distributed renewables into their resource plan through engagement with Sunnova’s homeowners in a positive way. Sunnova’s solar assets are providing new capacity to support future power needs in competitive markets, while our storage customers are participating in active demand response programs through a seamless customer experience.
Full Stack Developer II Responsibilities
- Develops, enhances, and maintains custom software applications and integrations with third party applications/services to support Sunnova’s grid services strategy
- Works in all phases of the software development life cycle including functional analysis, development of technical requirements, technical design, prototyping, coding, testing, deployment, data migration, and support
- Takes ownership of problems and issues, proactively working with business stakeholders, product management, business analysts, quality assurance, and release management
- Acts as a subject matter expert for products that the scrum team supports.
- Adheres to best practices with respect to coding, data cleansing, and data management
- Finds, analyzes, and fixes bugs and performance problems whenever and wherever they may occur
- Works with Application Support team to respond to reported system issues
- Organizes and prioritizes individual workload with scrum team to meet required deadlines
- Works as a member of a team, accepts ownership of work, and actively contributes to team discussions
- Participates in daily stand ups, works with scrum team on projects, and supports delivery timelines and priorities
- Designs, documents, and presents solutions to senior leaders in IT
- Solves problems independently with limited supervision
- Works effectively in a matrixed environment where 1) day-to-day tasks are determined and executed on agile/scrum team under the leadership of a scrum master and 2) career development, coaching, goal setting, performance evaluations, and issue escalation are coordinated through a separate manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in computer science, software engineering or information systems
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Expert in multiple programming languages, including Python
- Expert with relational database concepts, structured query language (SQL), logic modeling, best practices, and physical design
- Expert with coding and interacting with API
- Proficient with software development using cloud-based infrastructure and database services from AWS, such as Lambda and Redshift
- Familiarity with data streaming concepts using AWS Kinesis
- Familiarity with the Mulesoft platform, including Anypoint Studio and Cloudhub.
- Proficient with optimization engines such as CPLEX or Gurobi
Additional Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience working on deregulated power systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with a variety of internal and external parties
- Ability to identify opportunities for technical improvements in specific processes and recommend solutions
- Familiarity with pvlib or PySAM for PV performance modeling
- Familiarity with regression, classification, or machine-learning packages such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or XGBoost
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
- Some overtime required
Location: Fully Remote
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.