About the Financial Institution & Banking Accountant Opportunity
- Full time opportunity offering full benefits
- This organization is well established with over 35 years in business serving local businesses
- Reputable culture and team atmosphere
- This organization provides events and trade shows to support the community they serve
- Culture is fun & casual with a positive environment with a service-oriented feel
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and paid holidays
Overview of the Banking Accountant
- Responsible for timely posting of journal entries to general ledgers accounts and subsidiary ledgers, including the completion of assigned Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Assists the VP of Accounting in timely and accurate end-of-month close process and preparation of financial reports.
- Monitors and prepares end of day settlement transfers as deemed necessary ensuring no occurrence of overdraft balances.
- Prepares daily Cash Balance Report for VP of Accounting, VP of Finance, and CFO.
- Prepares the daily Loan & Deposit Account reconciliations in Blackline account reconciliation software
- Handles the daily Positive Pay Process for all Official Checks, Money Orders and Escrow Checks.
- Prepares monthly reconciliation for related accounts and resolves all discrepancies in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations in Blackline account reconciliation software
Preferred Qualifications of the Banking Accountant
- 4+ years of GL Accounting within a financial institution
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must be a great team player & communicator
- Banking experience a PLUS
- Microsoft Dynamics/GP & Blackline is PREFERRED