Who We Are:
The Subcontracts Group of the Purchasing Department is responsible for the solicitation, negotiation, award, documentation, administration, and closeout of subcontracts. The team assists Project Managers in all phases of the subcontract.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide administrative support to the Purchasing - Subcontracts Group, make copies, scan documents, maintain electronic and/ or hard-copy filing systems or databases, and other clerical tasks as assigned.
- Develop a solid understanding of the Subcontract Policies and Procedures and act using personal judgment within defined levels of responsibility to process tasks to support the Subcontracts group.
- Interact daily with subcontracting specialists and management concerning required clerical tasks.
- Perform travel analyses or other types of analyses that will support subcontract cost analysis.
- Assist other clerical staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Initiate requests to subcontractors for contractual documents and provide regular follow up.
- Assemble contractual documents for specialist review as requested.
- Input purchase order information into Costpoint.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- General business courses preferred
- 3 years: 3 years of general clerical experience
- Experience fulfilling clerical responsibilities to include formatting and editing MS Word documents, as well as familiarity with entering information into Excel spreadsheets and other business software. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or willingness to learn Adobe Acrobat
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident due to ITAR work in section.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace