Who We Are:
Provide operations support to Powertrain Engineering Division, our vision to be the world leader for innovative powertrain solutions following our mission to benefit government, industry and the public by delivering clean and efficient transportation technologies.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide direct support assisting the Executive Assistant and perform administrative tasks.
- Provide other Division administration and operations group clerical support as needed.
- Pick-Up, deliver, or distribute various necessary items, as needed on or off campus.
- Use technology and other related business tools to effectively communicate with personnel.
- Help with employee engagement activities.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Handle the daily administrative and support Executive Assistant with HR duties of the Division
- Support Executive Assistant with new hire orientations as needed and help to ensure the Division meets designated HR deadlines.
- Proofread and send various HR and other notifications to staff as needed; Create and route forms for approval.
- Support, maintain, file, and organize internal Division hardcopy files and electronic files.
- Gather information and reports in preparation for meetings; schedule meetings in MS Outlook Calendars and coordinate meetings.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent
- Related Associates Degree a plus, not required
- 4-6 years: Office clerk and/or administrative experience with computers, software applications, spreadsheets, graphics, printers, scanners, or other equipment to produce, edit, and format documents, reports, etc.
- Computer and internet savvy
- Intermediate knowledge in use of Microsoft® Office applications i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and other applications: Adobe Acrobat, Google Drive, Snipping Tool, Cisco Webex, or other virtual meeting application
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, excellent spelling and grammar proofreading skills
- Experience in working with figures within reports, and follow detailed formatting procedures
- Stellar organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize independently
- Must be able to effectively communicate with professional staff
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with SwRI sensitive information
- Exposure to or an interest in human resources or human resource assistant functions
- Must possess willingness and openness to learn new things
- Must be reliable and accurately follow instructions
- Must be self-motivated and interested in a cooperative-team environment
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Powertrain Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace