We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
This role focuses on the coordination and design of installations, extensions and/or system improvements. Specific work varies by area.
GRADE: 11, 12 or 13*
- Qualifications may warrant at a different job level
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Open Until Filled (several positions to fill)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Residential Services – Coordinates and designs the line extensions and service installations/upgrades/remodels for residential customers.
- Residential Developments - Designs the installation of overhead line extensions, underground electric line extensions and gas main extensions for new residential subdivision developers.
- Landbase Services – coordinates the verification of edits, QA/QC, and closing of as-built designs with Designers, Construction personnel, Site Inspectors, and Schedulers
- Commercial Services - Coordinates and designs line extensions and service installations/upgrades/remodels for commercial customers.
- Large Commercial Services - Coordinates and designs line extensions and service installations/upgrades/remodels for large commercial and industrial customers and developments.
- Overhead Engineering - Coordinates and designs overhead electric system improvement projects and civic improvement projects.
- Underground Engineering - Coordinates and designs underground electric system improvement projects and civic improvement projects.
- Downtown Network Engineering - Coordinates and designs all customer service installations, system improvement projects and civic improvement projects in the Downtown Network System.
- Gas Engineering - Coordinates and designs gas system improvement/renewal projects; civic improvement projects; and large line extensions and service installations/upgrades/remodels for large commercial and industrial customers and developments.
- Perform all coordination with external agencies such as the City of San Antonio, TxDOT, etc.,
- Conduct field surveying for the design and installation for each job, including staking pole locations and locating buried utilities
- Develop job sketches and perform As-builts
- Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Depending on business area, preferred knowledge needed in items such as:
- Overhead electric distribution design and construction standards
- Designer/GIS, WMIS, and SAP
- Three-phase underground electric distribution design and construction standards
- Downtown Network design and construction standards
- Gas design and construction standards
- Electric Service Standards
- Electric and Gas Line Extension Policies
- Relative experience in supporting utility construction & maintenance.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.