The GL Accountant is responsible for issuing accurate and timely financial records for the multiple business lines of the parent company. The GL Accountant will have no two days that are the same in this fast paced and ever-evolving position and company. This is a very team-oriented group and everyone on the team helps out to get the job done. The Controller of the accounting group has a flexible and fun personality mixed with a strong accounting background with a start in Big 4!. We are seeking a Rockstar Accountant with a solid accounting skillset & friendly disposition be the right hand to this Controller. The GL accountant will be expected to work closely in a team environment but will need to be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
PERKS OF THE GL ACCOUNTANT:
- A job where no two days are the same, never get bored again with your work!
- Strong benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, and strong pto
- Work closely with a leader and mentor with a solid accounting background
- A position in which you will learn a TON and gain experience in multiple industries to include: construction, services, restaurants, automobile, property and real estate, and more!
WHAT WILL THE GL ACCOUNTANT DO?
- Responsible for accurately retrieving and recording financial data from all systems into current accounting software using spreadsheets, journals, and ledgers.
- Responsible for preparing and recording entries into proper accounts for reviewing/posting.
- Analyzes, prepares and records accrued expenses for current accounting year, to include periodic review and adjustments, as needed.
- Reviews, reconciles and corrects various general ledger accounts and verifies accurate expense coding.
- Ensure proper cost center allocation.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts for all divisions. Identify, research, and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain Fixed Assets schedule; tracking new and existing fixed assets and recording depreciation.
- Assist Controller with month-end and year-end close.
- Track data and compile internal reports on assets, liabilities, and expenses.
- Assist in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions as needed.
- Prepare and maintain Work-In-Process schedule.
- Assist and prepare necessary documents for all annual reviews, audits and prepared by client (PBC) that are deemed necessary by our external auditors and other auditing concerns. (i.e. banks, franchisor, government agencies, etc.)
- Create and file sales tax documents, and implement processes to ensure financial integrity.
- Assist with annual and quarterly budgets, forecasts, and reports, including profits/losses by business unit.
- Assist with accurate and timely year-end tax reporting as required (1099s, etc.)
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A GL ACCOUNTANT:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Minimum of five (5) years of full cycle accounting experience
- Public audit experience a plus
- Construction accounting experience a plus
- Strong accounting principles and controls knowledge/experience
- Strong reconciliations experience
- Advanced Excel