About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $1.9 trillion in assets. Wells Fargo's vision is to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, investment and mortgage products and services, as well as consumer and commercial finance, through 7,600 locations, more than 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 32 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 263,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 29 on Fortune's 2019 rankings of America's largest corporations.
Corporate Properties Group
The Corporate Properties Group manages one of the largest corporate real estate portfolios in the world. Our experienced real estate team knows the Wells Fargo lines of business and supports:
- 7,100 sites in 35 countries, including more than 6,449 retail locations, more than 11,000 ATMs and 639 administrative sites.
- 85 million square feet of managed space
Reporting to the Corporate Properties Director, the Global Data Center Construction Executive will lead physical infrastructure construction and remediation activities in core and regional data centers. This person will also lead construction of net new data centers. He/she will be a key sponsor for all construction efforts and will lead program and project teams for multi-million dollar construction projects. This leader must be an expert in latest data center design and construction principles, with extensive experience leading recent data center construction projects. Other responsibilities include:
- Building and maintaining a diverse, talented, educated, and risk management focused team who are responsible for developing and providing products and services that strive to mitigate risk and loss, comply with applicable regulations and Wells Fargo policies and procedures
- Promoting a safe, secure, and ethical business environment for all employees and customers
- Leading strategic planning, business objective development and execution, and management of all assigned building projects
- Routinely communicating updates to senior management and making formal presentations to support business objectives
- Serving on senior level company committees and industry peer working groups
- Maintaining a high degree of expertise and knowledge specific to data center construction, applicable laws and regulations, industry benchmarking, emerging issues, internal guidelines and policies, services, and business processes
Leadership, integrity, and credibility will be determining factors in selection. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will be impressive in their inter-personal effectiveness and with regard to their accomplishments. These roles require leaders with strong relationship management, influencing, vision, and execution skills. A key differentiator will be the ability to understand and operate successfully in a complex, heavily matrixed corporate environment. These roles require a sense of urgency, passion for results, and personal accountability for achievement.
The successful candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across the company in the development and execution of company risk management strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas.
- 7+ years of management experience
- 12+ years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: real estate, process engineering, or project management
- Strategic planning proficiency in basic construction, or basic building mechanical principles
Other Desired Qualifications
- Subject matter expert in latest data center design and construction principles (5+ MW projects preferred)
- Extensive experience leading recent Tier III & Tier IV data center construction projects
- Experience with applicable building regulations, industry benchmarks, and relevant security/resiliency trends related to data center construction/remediation
- International data center construction experience
- Bachelor's degree Construction Management or related field
- Proven ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a high-pressure time sensitive environment
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional manner
- Ability to interact with integrity and a high level of professionalism with all levels of team members and management
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) skills
- Self-starter, with a proven ability to think both strategically and tactically, diagnose opportunities and implement operationally often in ambiguous environments
- Ability to successfully foster collaboration and results across diverse teams and global locations and build effective business and support partnerships with all levels of team members
- Management skills including proven ability to execute with quality and urgency within definitive timelines for completion while balancing multiple priorities
- Proven leader with demonstrated experience in building and leading a team of managers, strong technical experts and high performing professionals
- Demonstrated ability to build positive, trusting work relationships with clients, vendors, peers and partners
- Excellent and proactive consulting, collaborative, influencing and partnering abilities with business executives/leaders and partners while exhibiting strong diplomacy skills
- Strong negotiation and creative thinking skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, time management and presentation skills with a leadership presence
- Leader capable of attracting, mentoring, retaining and promoting talented and productive staff
- Ability to be neutral/independent while providing strong credible challenges where necessary
- Strong reputation of integrity, accuracy, consistency, strategic vision and detail
All major Wells Fargo hub cities may be considered.
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.