At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists the Business Consulting team in collecting and processing information used to support Agency management’s internal control capabilities. In this position, Senior Analysts will contribute to our clients’ internal controls, remediation, audit readiness, and/or process improvement initiatives by conducting intermediate level business process analysis, as well as reviewing the work products of Analysts (AAs).
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supervise quality and pace of the activities and tasks performed by Analysts
- Manage the collection of client data and information to document clients' business and financial processes, risks and controls
- Perform root cause analysis, providing data and information that will inform recommendations and solutions
- Work independently with clients and on team projects and manage deadlines
- Document business processes, and prepare and submit documentation requests
- Develop control testing procedures and oversee the execution of these tests by Analysts
- Draft memos and other reports to explain team findings and observations
- Monitor project progress and risks, ensuring engagement leads are updated on progress and expected outcomes
- Lead the creation and/or completion of deliverable templates, compiling and analyzing of data, development of reports, and review of results developed by Analysts
- Provide mentoring and coaching to Analysts in the execution of internal audit functions, to include governmental accounting and/or internal audit concepts and methodologies
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve project and engagement deliverables and outcomes
- Conduct research on regulatory guidance, current industry standards and trends, new legislation and requirements
- Assist in creating client business, financial and risk / internal controls documentation by developing portions of the documentation and supervising the compilation and developments of reports
- Monitor project scope and schedule and the progress of client engagement deliverables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders across other EY functional groups
- Meet engagement project expectations defined by project and engagement stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Direct field work, inform supervisors of the engagement status and manage Analyst performance
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups/teams
- Manage the collection of client financial and operational data for weekly / monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Manage the execution and delivery of engagement specific tasks as directed
Skills and attributes for Success
- Intellectual curiosity and strong sense of professional skepticism
- Ability to quickly grasp complex financial business processes involving multiple stakeholders and information systems
- Effective teaming and collaboration with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and skillsets
To qualify for this role, you must have
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in accounting, business or finance related fields, including one (1) years' experience with Federal financial business processes, internal audit, risks and controls
- United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance or higher
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation
- Ability to determine if projects are meeting milestone deadlines and budget requirements
- Ability to determine if structure of the project is accurate and if adjustments are required
- Confidence in working with a nationally distributed team and ability to oversee and direct resources in a managed services environment
- Ability manage teams to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint),
- Working knowledge of or ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%
Ideally, you'll also have
- CPA, CDFM, CGFM, PMP, or CISA desirable
What we look for
We are looking for people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, people who can foster effective team work to drive results. We’re interested in authentic communicators with the ability to collaborate with EY colleagues across various teams who want to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic organization
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].