At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst& Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position supports the Business Transformation team with delivering transformation strategy, business design, and transformation execution solutions to clients. You’ll monitor progress; track project finances, risks and issues; and confirm that key stakeholders are kept informed about the progress and outcome.
Your key responsibilities
- Responsible for the day-to-day support for management of projects, including milestones, resources, finances, leveraging the designated project methodology and tools, and making certain of appropriate level of status communication
- Initiate the creation and development of project scope and schedule
- Assist in managing communications and cost management of projects and programs
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively negotiate priorities across multiple groups and teams
- Communicate any project or resourcing roadblocks to leadership
- Help develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders beyond IT services, including, but not limited to, finance, communications and legal, to cover any and all potential downstream implications of the project
- Assist in identifying and implementing improvements and resolutions for all projects
- Help measure project performance using appropriate ATTG tools and techniques to monitor the process of the projects or subprojects to identify and quantify any variances
- Meet project expectations defined by pillar leads and project stakeholders
- Identify, communicate and address project risks, assumptions and constraints
- Improve team performance by building team cohesiveness and leading, mentoring, training and motivating to facilitate cooperation among the teams
Skills and attributes for success
We work with clients to plan and deliver business-led, technology-driven transformation programs. We develop practical, executable plans to manage the journey from strategy through execution. Our teams use industry-leading program management tools to accelerate start-up and enable highly efficient and effective program management.
You’ll spend most of your time assisting in the day-to-day management of projects. You’ll monitor progress; track project finances, risk and issues; and confirm that key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and outcomes. You should be highly organized, possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, along with being a self-starter.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, General Business, History, or MIS with a business focus
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret-level clearance or higher
- One to two years of experience working in either a consulting role or a project management role
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge of integration plans, integration reports and test procedures
- Experience working with business management and technology concepts
- Confidence working with a globally distributed team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Competent in meeting tight deadlines and following up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Flexibility to travel up to 20%
What we look for
- Fast learners with the focus and desire to get experience in the following areas:
o PMI disciplines for project and program management activities
o Working with Government and Public Sector clients focused on enterprise transformations
- Great communication skills, both at the personal level and in professional settings
- Attention to detail, team-player, and motivated professionals who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
• Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.