At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
From strategy to execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP provides a full range of consulting and audit services to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest professional standards, operational know-how from across our global organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better working world.
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our federal clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the Government & Public Sector practice (GPS). This position assists Government & Public Sector teams, both consulting and audit/assurance, in the delivery of compliance and audit solutions, collecting and processing information, and assessing client IT environments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist in collecting information to document clients' business and IT financial processes, risks and controls by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, and developing reports
- Assist in performing root cause analysis by documenting and collecting information, compiling team observations and results
- Monitor project progress and risks, ensuring key stakeholders are updated on progress and expected outcomes
- Assist in creating and processing data files and other client deliverables by compiling data and developing reports
- Assist in the performance of due diligence and investigative research on client projects by compiling data and developing reports
- Assist in creating client business, IT financial and risk / internal controls documentation by maintaining document control, compiling data and documentation, and developing reports
- Assist in the collection of client business, IT financial and risk / internal controls data for weekly / monthly and ad hoc reporting
- Assist in testing and assessing client compliance with IT standards, established policies and procedures, and internal controls
Skills and attributes for Success
- Strong communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to analyze business and IT financial data and assist in problem solving
- Ability to work with accounting, business management and/or technology concepts
- Flexibility and ability to work with a nationally distributed team
- Execute on and deliver engagement specific tasks as directed
To qualify for this role, you must have
- United States citizenship; and must be able to obtain and maintain a secret level clearance or higher
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1-year experience in related job competency or demonstrated ability to learn and perform the role
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint)
- Ability to become proficient with Tableau and Visio
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and follow up on open issues
- Excellent English language skills ' both written and verbal
- The EY Government and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired; however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30% is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Ability to progress towards achieving CISA, CISM, CDFM, or CGFM certifications
What we look for
We are looking for people who strive to lead themselves, their teams, and their communities, people who can foster effective team work to drive results. We’re interested in authentic communicators with the ability to collaborate with EY colleagues across various teams who want to develop personally and professionally in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].