Who We Are:
The Intelligent Systems Division develops automated solutions for commercial and government clients in multiple domains including transportation (traffic management, connected automated vehicle), manufacturing robotics, medical prognostics and communication standards.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop software for high altitude systems and space flight systems to advance scientific understanding our planet and solar system
- Test developed software to confirm correct functionality and high reliability
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Develop flight software for space flight instruments. Develop test scripts to fully exercise flight functionality and improve system reliability. Software development is typically in C, Python, C++, C#, or LabVIEW
- Create documentation for design, testing, operation and maintenance of the developed software
- Work closely with hardware team to integrate and test hardware and software features as well as troubleshoot any issues
- Must be pursuing a BS, MS, or PHD 3.00 GPA in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 0-2 years: Must have at least 90 hours of college credit completed or be in a graduate program
- Must have software development academic experience C, C++, or Python experience
- Hardware academic experience is also required
- Experience or course work with operating systems is helpful
- Educational background and experience in both hardware and software on embedded systems
- Open to a summer 2021 student, local year-round student, or by a co-op
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Intelligent Systems home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace