Who We Are:
Ongoing threats to national security require timely intelligence data, including signal intelligence obtained through electronic surveillance. Since the 1940s, SwRI has supported U.S. and friendly foreign governments, as well as commercial clients.
Objectives of this Role:
- As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn RF system development concepts, wireless communications techniques, digital signal processing algorithms and use cases in real-world applications
- Interns are able to recieve mentorship on complex system development programs and develop skills applicable to system design, integration and test activities.
- Local, co-op, or Summer 2022
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Assist in several tasks related to large scale testing and analysis of machine learning algorithms in complex environments.
- Support Technical staff and collaborate on signal processing and communication system projects.
- Interpret antenna model data.
- Support staff in signal processing and/or machine learning algorithm project-work.
- Must have at least a 3.00 GPA and be pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
- MATLAB, Python and C++ experience or a desire to learn these languages
- Elective coursework focus or experience through internships in two or more of the following: electromagnetic, machine learning, artificial intelligence, signal processing, communications theory, C/C++, python and/or computer engineering
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Defense & Intelligence Solutions home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace