It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Title: Grant Accountant
Assignment: Accounting - Controller's Office
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Education: Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance
Experience: 3-5 years General and Grant Accounting Experience
Critical Action Items:
1) Ensure compliance with post award grant accounting, budget modification, funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial and other related reports, grant regulations, executed contracts and agreements as well as applicable statutes and regulations.
2) Perform duties in the management of accounts receivable function for multi-company non-profit organization.
3) Responsible for the creation and preparation of state or federal contract invoices/billings and collection of funds for the support of grant expenditures.
4) Responsible for the creation and review of monthly accruals and invoicing for assigned contracts and grants.
5) Ensures completion and reconciliation of accounts receivable monthly close, including monitoring and tracking the status of each program through its program life cycle; and maintaining the organizations grant financial calendar
6) Review and preparation of grant budgets and amendments.
7) Preparation of grant reports and financial documentation
8) Ensure accuracy of data and reconciling to general ledger.
9) Reconcile Match Expense to general ledger.
10) Prepares audit work sheets, schedules, reports and supporting documentation to be used during grant audits by federal, state or other related agencies.
11) Conduct special analysis as requested and provide resolutions and recommendations.
12) Responsible for the creation and review of monthly A/R subsidiary reports and reconciliations to general ledger for assigned contracts and grants.
13) Research and communicate to Controller issues regarding aged accounts receivables.
14) Work with Controller on processes to notify program directors of available funding on their contracts.
15) Communicate policies and procedures related to grants funds for review and implementation by Program Managers.
16) Prepare billing tracking spreadsheets for private foundations or fee for service programs as assigned.
17) Responsible for the generation of and review of indirect cost calculations for assigned contracts and grants.
18) Cross train on duties of other Grant Accountants staff.
19) Prepare balance sheet reconciliations & various journal entries as needed.
20) Prepare multi-company financial reports as needed.
21) Prepare financial statements for assigned contracts, grants and programs for review.
22) Assist with annual external and agency audits, including A-133 audits.
23) Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting transactions.
24) Assist in the closing of the fiscal year end books as needed.
25) Other duties as assigned.
1. Attend all staff and agency meetings as requested
2. Comply with all policies/procedures of the agency
3. Member of (IMT) Incident Management Team.
4. Attends all mandated trainings for IMT and reports for active duty when required.
1. Knowledge of general accounting principles and general accounting functions including reporting requirements and procedures related to federal, state and other related grants, cost accounting, government accounting and auditing.
2. Knowledge of budget preparation and administration, financial record keeping and reporting.
3. Knowledge of principles and practices of contract/grant administration and monitoring.
4. Working knowledge of accounts receivable and general ledger.
5. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Strong work ethic with a defined sense of urgency, ownership, and accountability for job duties.
7. Strong problem solving skills.
8. Proficiency in spreadsheet, word processing and accounting software
1. Grants accounting experience
2. Non-profit experience
3. Multi-company experience
The BCFS System is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive a COVID vaccination and an annual Influenza vaccination, or obtain an approved exemption from the BCFS System as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof. Additional information regarding this policy requirement will be provided upon hire.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!
It is the policy of BCFS System of Companies and its affiliated organizations to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster