SWBC continues to be a strong and stable employer during these challenging times and a vast majority of our interviewing and on-boarding is being done virtually due to COVID-19.
SWBC is seeking a talented individual to provide design support to the Marketing team using print and digital media. Performs a wide range of routine to complex duties and responsibilities that include, but are not limited to, conceptualizing, designing, and producing brochures, publications, ads, invitations, direct mail pieces, posters, briefings, multimedia presentations, web design, logos, landing pages, and online advertising.
Why you'll love this role:
In this role you will be part of a dynamic team of strategic thinkers, creatives, and wordsmiths, and contribute directly to the success of SWBC. There's not only an opportunity to showcase your design talents on a wide range of projects from print to digital to video and animation, but SWBC's marketing team encourages you to bring your own ideas and perspectives to the table. If you have a love for design, a passion for creating, and a collaborative spirit, we'd like to meet you.
Essential duties include the following:
- Conceptualizes, designs, and executes print, video, animation, and/or digital-based projects using specialized skillsets and established SWBC brand guidelines. Prepares art focusing significantly on both meeting customer needs and effective use of resources and budget. Provides proofs of these materials to Creative Director, Vice President of Marketing, and/or Marketing Director for approval. Works directly with project managers, the Creative Director, Vice President of Marketing, and/or Marketing Director to develop initial layouts, sketches, or strategies to meet the needs of the project or client requests.
- Uses HTML/CSS coding to develop eblasts, landing page designs, and other online/digital projects.
- Works with clients/customers to effectively interpret creative/production needs. Collaborates creatively on large projects (tradeshows, large scale video/animation projects, ad campaigns, social media campaigns).
- Writes and edits basic copy and headlines, as appropriate.
- Coordinates with outside vendors, project managers, clients, and other marketing staff to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and within internal standards and processes. Provides cost estimates, attends press checks, and approves proofs from outside vendors prior to production of marketing materials when necessary.
- Provides training (if necessary) and support to Marketing Department staff as it relates to graphic design, print production, video/animation, and digital media production.
- Learns new applications, processes, and technologies when necessary to meet design and marketing needs, goals, and trends.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Serious candidates will possess the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Marketing, Advertising, Art, Communications, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of graphic design in an agency or corporate environment experience. Financial services/insurance/mortgage industry, online, social media advertising, or video production experience is a plus.
- Must have strong working knowledge of principles and practice of graphic design.
- Must have strong working knowledge of graphic layout and photographic requirements and procedures.
- Must have strong working knowledge of creating and producing graphic materials using a wide range of media, methods, techniques, and equipment.
- Must be proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe AfterEffects is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HTML/CSS coding.
- Must have proficient Microsoft Office skills, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent time management and personal relationship skills.
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects under strict deadlines.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment, including copy machine, personal computer, and fax.
- Must be able to type 35 WPM.
- Must be able to travel locally or nationally by car or plane.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Must be able to stand, stoop, and kneel to file for long periods of time.
- Must be able to push, pull, and lift up to 20 lbs. of files, supplies, documents, or other related items.
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Work/Life balance
- Employee engagement activities and recognition awards
- Years of Service awards
- Career enhancement and growth opportunities
- Emerging Professionals and Mentor Program
- Continuing education and career certifications
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- Traditional and Roth 401(k) retirement plans
- Lucrative Wellness Program
*Based upon employee eligibility