- Prepares, analyzes, and verifies financial reports and dashboards for the treasurer and the Board of Trustees of the Museum. Attends most board and committee meetings and coordinate/facilitate the Business Affairs and Investment committee meetings.
- Facilitates the annual operating and administrative budgets. Monitors operating budget and ensures department heads are informed on status and availability of funds.
- Compiles annual budget, coordinating and providing advice and technical assistance. Consolidates all department budgets into an overall operating budget summary for review by the director and treasurer with final approval from the Board of Trustees.
- Projects revenue based on prior year history as foundation to budget revenue for coming year.
- Monitors and controls the flow of cash receipts and disbursements. Examines, analyzes, and seeks new ways to improve efficiency and increase earnings.
- Supervises accounting personnel. Reviews all financials for accurate and complete reporting.
- Maintains financial software updates and seek solutions to create more efficiency in the workflow of the finance office. Designs and maintains spreadsheets when needed for financial reporting requirements.
- Reviews all federally required reports including Form 990 Tax Exempt Report for nonprofit organization's prepared by auditors. Reviews federally required pension Form 5500 C.
- Prepares all financial documentation for grant proposals and grant award reporting requirements.
- Coordinates annual audit with external auditors.
- Approves all purchases and expenses electronically, maintaining a paperless environment.
- Collaborate with leadership team members on solutions and provide financial guidance on new initiatives. Review and sign all financial agreements over $1,000. Attend weekly leadership team meetings.
- Assist the Director & CEO and fellow leadership team members in achieving all goals set out in the Strategic Operating Plan.
- Review and approve all weekly pay
Minimum of five years' experience in nonprofit accounting and/or auditing required with management and leadership experience. Extensive computer skills and knowledge of Excel, Word software programs required; knowledge of NetSuite, Paycor, and PowerPlan preferred. Must have flexible hours as occasional evening or weekend events are necessary.
Education & Experience Education
BA in accounting or business-related field, MBA or CPA preferred.
Minimum 5 years' experience in nonprofit accounting and/or auditing required. Experience managing and leading a team is required.