If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects across various functional areas. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques. Makes presentations to management on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. Ensures projects are completed on time and in scope. May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations. Will help produce optimum real estate asset utilization for the OptumCare local care delivery portfolio and contribute to business success through effective real estate solutions.
The Healthcare Construction Sr. Project Manager will report to the Regional Director of Project Management and is accountable to meet the needs and priorities of Enterprise Real Estate Services team.
Project Scope Definition and Management
- Lead or contribute to the development of program or project scope statements, in consultation with Real Estate Director and applicable stakeholders
- Ensure alignment and understanding of program / project scope and objectives with the organization's strategic objectives and the Voice of the Customer, in consultation with Design Governance and applicable stakeholders
- Raise awareness of any misalignment or misunderstanding of project scope and objectives with Design Governance and applicable stakeholders
- Ensure that all impacted areas are identified, and that appropriate resources are engaged to participate in the scope definition process
- Ensure that project scope, requirements and approvals comply with current governance guidelines and methodology
- Monitor scope requirements and identify scope-related gaps and issues
- Ensure that all project dependencies/linkages are identified
- Obtain agreement on project scope from Design Governance and applicable stakeholders, and ensures that requirements sign-off is obtained
- Ensure that all project deliverables and success criteria are identified
- Manage / support project scope and objectives throughout the project lifecycle, as needed (e.g., revised scope definition, scope creep)
- Establish / implement / comply with change management processes to drive effective project execution
Project Timeline and Resource Management
- Identify project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans (including resource assignments, schedules, dependencies, etc.)
- Ensure that project schedules include all tasks and activities necessary to achieve project objectives
- Obtain agreement from applicable stakeholders on schedule, time management and resource plans, and negotiate changes / adjust project plans as needed
- Monitor and report progress throughout the project life cycle, using appropriate project planning and scheduling tools (e.g., dashboards, project status reports)
- Ensure that schedule and resource changes are aligned with project scope, objectives, constraints and risks
- Ensure seamless transition from project implementation to the business (e.g., operations, facility management)
- Manage vendor relationships and/or obtain required contract approvals, as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- B.A or B.S. in Architecture, Interior Design, Project Management or Construction Management, or combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of commercial construction project management experience
- Experience within a real estate group, professional services, or construction management firm (Planning, Projects, Transactions, Facilities, Legal)
- Experience leading and influencing internal and external resources to ensure successful outcomes
- Ability to travel throughout Southern California as needed
- 3+ years of commercial construction project management in healthcare, clinical, or medical experience is highly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.), Bluebeam, and SharePoint
- Proven ability to succeed in ambiguous and non-mandated environments with a track record of being an enthusiastic and effective team player
- Experienced with medical construction project management
- Experience working with real estate teams, and with lease documentation
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: UHG; Optumcare; CA; California; Orange County; LA; San Diego; Construction; Project Manager; PM