Do you have compassionand a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives asa result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring toachieve your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed providesconcierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physiciansand clinic staff that understand and care about the patient's health. WellMed'sproactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of carefor patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greaterUnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The purpose of the Healthcare Economics Consultant is to help identify areas for medical cost savings and utilization improvements across all markets primarily through cost / process analysis and financial forecasting / modeling.
- Research, retrieve, design, and deliver organized analytics and reporting of medical claims
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators
- Forecast costs, utilization trends, and create financial models using claims and other healthcare data
- Contract analysis
- Develop / document business, analysis, and reporting requirements
- Assist in making decisions of considerable impact and consequence involving healthcare expense trends
- Independently interpret data, facts, and / or trends
- Develop innovative approaches to achieve deliverables
- Ad hoc analysis
You'll be rewarded andrecognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you andgive you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well asprovide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in a data analysis or financial analysis role
- At least an intermediate proficiency with SQL, ideally working with large data sets and including proficient query-writing skills
- Advanced level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Prior experience with Tableau or Power BI
- Managed care experience
- Ability to interact effectively with different business departments, team members, and external clients at all levels
- Strong communication skills; Written and verbal
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive results
- Desire to make an impact, manage multiple tasks, and shift priorities quickly
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple.We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face ofhealth care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicareeligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics,and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of theUnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sickbecome well and to help patients understand and control their health in alifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for theirdedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means oneincredible team and a singular opportunity to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: healthcare, health care, managed care, data, analysis, finance, economics, SQL, Excel, Tableau, Power BI, senior, lead, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas