The Healthcare Economics Senior Analyst supports the Finance / Accounting general functions by reporting accurate financial information; performing financial analyses, forecasting, and modeling; and automating internal reporting processes for Finance and other departments. The position also provides management with statistical findings and conclusions; coordinates and communicates data findings and assists in resolving data issues across multiple departments.
- Research, retrieve, design, troubleshoot, and deliver organized analytics regarding healthcare, capitation, accounts receivable, utilization data, claims data and financial accounting data
- Subject Matter Expert as it relates to healthcare capitation, accounts receivable, utilization, claims, and financial accounting data
- Analyzes and extracts data from the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to report to internal and external customers
- Serves as a key resource to finance teams by providing data / analytical support, mentoring, guidance and technical expertise
- Designs, develops, tests, documents and maintains database queries for ad hoc reporting used in complex conceptual analyses
- Develops systematic reporting processes and procedures to ensure timely delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reporting to management
- Manages reporting and analysis elements on all business initiative projects
- Recommends and implements new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
- Analyze benchmarking data, reports, processes, and measurements for key managed care indicators to recognize trends and assist in developing forecasts and financial planning
- Develops innovative approaches to achieve deliverables and increase efficiencies
- Functions as a team lead, oversees the work of others within designated teams
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field required (2+ years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 3+ years of experience in a reporting and analytical role
- 3+ years of general healthcare accounting, finance, or operations experience
- Proficient in SQL, SQL Reporting Services, MS Access, and MS Excel and/or equivalent data capture/reporting tools
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 3+ years of experience in a managed care environment
- 5+ years of reporting and analytic experience
- Understanding of the complexity of Member healthcare accounting, claims and revenue
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: finance, accounting, excel, analytics, healthcare economics, San Antonio, TX, Texas