Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s Heart Failure division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
Our location in TX currently has an opportunity for a Heart Failure Therapy Specialist-CMEMS.
The Heart Failure Therapy Specialist provides technical, clinical, educational and sales support to ensure safe adoption and growth of the Abbott Heart Failure technologies. The Heart Failure Therapy Specialist works closely with implanting teams and the broader Heart Failure organization to drive procedural and practice success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide clinical expertise for current Heart Failure and targeted centers. Provide technical support in accordance with the instructions for use/trial protocol, and best-practices to facilitate procedural consistency and best clinical outcomes.
- Provide support for site performance and facilitates safe growth. Assist in education and training activities with physicians, support staff and Abbott personnel. Stays abreast of and communicates clinical data regarding Heart Failure products.
- Collaborate and strategize with territory team in achieving sales targets and implementing business plans.
- Supports and develops strategic implanting centers and educating healthcare providers on indications for Heart Failure portfolio products.
- Therapy expert on Heart Failure product portfolio, hospital electronics system, device implantation, technology, patient indications, patient selection, reimbursement, and programming.
- Implement Heart Failure quarterly plan to achieve territory plan.
- Educates physicians, nurses, educators, and other health care providers on the indications and selection of patients that are candidates for Heart Failure therapy.
- Provide product and therapy technical support and service, including consultation at staff in-services and physician seminars.
- Coordinate/deliver/implement programs and resources at the local level to facilitate market expansion and Heart Failure therapy access.
- Provide market intelligence for fine-tuning of therapy training and expansion plans.
- Oversee local education and training activities including coordination and set up procedure simulators, facilitation of simulated Heart Failure procedures and procedural troubleshooting, and coordination and facilitation of staff in-services to include pre/peri/post Heart Failure procedures. Develops and maintains comprehensive clinical and technical product knowledge. Understands current published Heart Failure and relevant literature. Recognizes and understands competitive products, industry trends, and Heart Failure portfolio.
- Liaison with marketing for technology improvements and next generation needs. Complete administrative reporting as assigned.
- Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status.
- Uses best business practices to ensure success and cost effectiveness in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures employee compliance with Abbott policies and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
•Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field (RN, BSN, PA, NP) or equivalent/related experience
•3-5 years clinical Heart Failure experience or equivalent
• A comprehensive ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices
• Ability to work with others effectively
•Ability to prepare and present effectively written and verbal communications.
• Thorough familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
• Documented record of delivering strategic marketing information
• Expert verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, Microsoft Office.
• Professional training/education certification or designation.
• Previous sales experience and/or demonstrated business acumen
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.