Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Service Technician is responsible for all activities relating to the delivering home medical equipment including receipt, shipment, and delivery of medical equipment. Educates the patient/caregiver on equipment usage. Picks up equipment at termination of therapy. Responsible for maintaining delivery vehicles according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintain delivery vehicle in accordance with HomeCare Dimensions, Inc. policy and procedure
- Always maintain clean delivery vehicle inside and out
- Maintain required supplies in delivery vehicle
- Insure accurate and timely delivery of all home medical equipment
- Define processes for delivery of HME
- Ensure orders are complete and ready for delivery
- Pull own supplies (DME, oxygen, liquids)
- Contact patients receiving deliveries prior to leaving office to verify address and phone number
- Transport equipment and supplies in a safe and clean manner to patient’s homes
- Set up equipment and verifies proper function in the patient’s home upon delivery
- Obtain patient / caregiver signature verifying receipt of HME at delivery
- Maintain accurate and current information on daily route sheet
- Submit all delivery paperwork at the end of the shift
- Notify Warehouse Manager of any problems encountered during delivery
- Pick up equipment at termination of therapy
- Educate patient / caregiver on delivered HME
- Answer patient / caregiver questions as needed
- Documents teaching on specified teaching form
- Attend all required in-service programs to maintain comprehensive home care knowledge base
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within projected time frames
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Able to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively
- Able to work 2nd shift – 12 pm – 8 pm with the ability to work overtime is needed
- Ability to read and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to accept direction and learn new tasks
- Demonstrate ability to communicate both orally and in writing with appropriate parties
- Able to lift and transfer home medical equipment from one location to the other
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Pay is $15.00 hr.
- 1+ year of Home Medical Equipment experience
- Medical Terminology knowledge
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Service Technician, WellMed, San Antonio, TX, Texas