Location Name: San Antonio, TX
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 19100 Ridgewood Park, San Antonio, TX, United States (US), 78259
Education Level: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
The Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) will have responsibility for a broad range of human resources functions in support of the IT Business Unit. The ability to build and foster business partner relationships, influence, impact change, and a strong drive for results are critical for this position.
This position belongs to a family of jobs with increasing responsibility, competency and skill level. Actual position title and pay grade will be based on the selected candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The HRBP’s primary role is to partner with organizational leaders to achieve their business objectives by providing guidance and input on employee relations and development issues (including but not limited to business unit restructuring, workforce/succession planning, employee development/performance, staffing, investigations, championing diversity, equity, & inclusion initiatives, and HR policy administration and development). The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The HRBP will be expected to develop and maintain an effective level of business literacy related to their assigned client groups.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with assigned client group(s).
- Provide consultative support to assigned client groups regarding HR/employee relations issues.
- Identify and anticipate HR needs based on current or planned business activities and partner across the HR function to develop solutions.
- Deliver and implement HR strategies that support a high performing culture.
- Deliver training related to Human Resources programs.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conduct and document effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretations, ensure consistent application of such policies.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructuring, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development).
- Engage in recruitment of college, experienced professional/technical and hourly personnel.
- Special HR projects in conjunction with day-to-day HRBP responsibilities.
- Collects and analyzes information and recommends solutions and courses of actions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant HR experience required.
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.