The Human Resources Manager will serve as a key HR business partner (HRBP), reporting directly to the Chief People Officer. The HR Manager will be responsible for executing on the people strategy for specific departments at Interface. This includes being an active HR leader in managing the end-to-end people experience across talent development, culture, talent acquisition, learning, total rewards and people operations. This highly visible role will be responsible for being an employee advocate and providing a broad range of HR support to their department leadership, people managers, and employees.
• Partner with the functional leaders on the ongoing planning and development of talent, including talent reviews, succession planning, and ongoing people moves.
• Identify and drive talent development efforts to build and support the growth of top talent within the organization, including adoption of Interface’s GROWTH leadership model.
• Partner with business leaders on the development of goals and KPIs (in Culture Amp) to ensure strong goals and objectives are set and cascaded throughout teams. Facilitate the ongoing quarterly check-ins to ensure employees and managers are having ongoing conversations and establishing a feedback culture.
• Lead the performance review process for client group, to ensure the right calibration of performance and subsequent reward to drive a performance-based culture.
• Partner with leaders on employee success plans (performance improvement plans) as needed when talent is in support of performance coaching and support.
• Positively contribute to a culture of engagement, recognition and feedback across client groups to facilitate a high-performance culture. Drive adoption of STARS recognition program (powered by Workhuman) to ensure ongoing peer to peer recognition, life events, and service milestones for celebrating our talent.
• Lead Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives for your client groups to drive meaningful progress on DE&I plans across representation, inclusion, communications, and equity.
• Oversee ongoing engagement survey initiatives including employee engagement survey, candidate surveys, onboarding surveys, and exit surveys, and partner with business leaders on understanding, analyzing, and developing action plans based on employee sentiment across the end-to-end employee lifecycle.
• Maintain a positive, open-door environment that allows you to develop strong and trusting relationships with employees, managers, and leaders, in order to cultivate a positive culture and HR partnership.
• Partner with our Talent Acquisition team to ensure we are winning with the right talent. This includes being responsible for ongoing staffing and succession plans for your client group, and ensuring that hiring managers are successfully partnering with Talent Acquisition when seeking external talent for roles.
• Facilitate the internal movement of talent (within iCIMS) in client groups to make sure we have the right talent in the right roles to drive the right results and business performance.
• Partner with the Learning team to make sure we have strong learning and development plans in place, including onboarding, leadership development, and functional development. Partner with business leaders to develop onboarding programs that set up new hires for success as they join Interface.
• Create content within Interface U (LMS powered by Lessonly) and facilitate training sessions as needed to support the ongoing leadership and functional development of your client groups, to support filling key skill gaps.
• Act as a consultative partner to leaders and employees on compensation, benefits and wellness initiatives, to foster a strong understanding of our total rewards offerings as part of the employee experience.
• Lead on compensation planning for client groups, including external pay benchmarking (Aon), pay equity, and ongoing internal promotions and employee movement between roles.
• Facilitate the performance review process and subsequent reward cycle for client groups.
• Partner with Total Rewards on employee questions regarding benefits, enrollment, workers compensation, and leave of absences.
• Act as trusted advisor to client groups for employee relations matters, including advising and coaching people managers on processes, and leading internal investigations as needed to resolve employee relations matters.
• Utilize a data-driven approach to partner with leaders, managers and employees to determine best strategy and actions for solving business challenges.
• Ensure ongoing compliance to all required federal, state and local laws, and be a champion for driving a positive compliance culture.
• Partner with client groups to ensure ongoing awareness, understanding, and adoption of Interface company programs and policies to facilitate a positive work environment.
• Act as a key member of the People team, and be able to lead or support on key people initiatives and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, psychology or a related field required
• S/PHR or SHRM S/CP certification a plus
• 5+ years of progressive human resources experience, with experience as an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist
• Ability to act as both a strategic partner and advisor as well as provide tactical support
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills when collaborating with leadership and employees
• Ability to interact with, lead and guide employees, managers and leaders at all levels and build relationships quickly
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate data into concise, executive-ready presentations and reports in an orderly and organized manner
• Exceptional action and employee advocate orientation with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, dynamic business environment to ensure we provide a great place to work
• Solid knowledge of federal, state and local employment law, regulations and statutes
• Demonstrated problem solving skills as well as project management capabilities
• Ability and willingness to travel an estimated up to 10%