Come to work and be ready to think on your feet, grow your skills, and embrace the many opportunities. Our Distribution Centers are the key to getting new products out to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. To keep up with our ever-changing inventory, we stay nimble and adaptable. No day is the same, and that’s just how we like it. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different - and support each other along the way.
Ensures the timely administration of payroll, personnel file maintenance and benefits programs. Supervises the non-exempt Human Resources staff, including the DC Receptionist. Interacts with Home Office and outside agencies on a variety of issues which include employment, payroll, HRIS, and Risk Management. Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Supervises the administration of all payroll, compensation and benefits plans which include health, dental, prescription and disability. Tracks trends, provides reports/data and recommends ways to achieve cost savings. Supervises the leave of absence policy including processing and monitoring of all requests. Ensures the technical and professional development of staff.
- Supervises all payroll functions including the time and attendance payroll system, petty cash and associate calendars. Ensures compliance to State/Federal laws and Company policy as well as contractual agreements.
- Provides direction and guidance to the Human Resources Assistants ensuring that a high level of customer service is maintained in the areas of benefits, leaves of absence, payroll, bilingual support and other areas within Human Resources. Provides reports/data on trends and recommends ways to address identified challenges/opportunities.
- Ensures all files comply with Company policy and procedures as well as State and Federal law.
- Ensures the proper communication and understanding of all benefit programs to all levels via orientation meetings, associate meeting notes or paycheck stuffers.
- Interacts with Home Office on Human Resources administrative issues.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Specify the measure and size of this job’s financial responsibility (e.g., $100,000 payroll budget, $8,000,000 sales volume):
Maintains a payroll budget of $150,000 - $300,000
Specify the number of direct and indirect associates reporting to this job.
Describe the kinds of decisions made by the incumbent (e.g., hire/fire, technical decisions, markdowns, merchandise pricing/selection). Also, specify what recommendations are referred to the next level of management or others for approval:
Ensures compliance to all payroll policies, union contracts, benefit programs and Federal regulations (FMLA, OSHA)
Hiring/firing, coaching and counseling staff
Responsible for the maintenance of personnel, benefit and payroll files
Minimum formal education, if any, required to perform this job e.g., Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Law Degree):
Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
Minimum job skills required to perform this job (for example: programming languages, strong interpersonal skills, computer software packages):
Strong knowledge of HRIS and payroll systems
Strong organizational and analytical skills
General knowledge of benefit plans
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bilingual is a plus
Minimum experience required to perform this job:
4-6 years supervisory experience, preferably in payroll, benefits and/or file administration
List specific jobs which could prepare an individual for this job:
D/C Training Specialist
General HR Support position
Senior Human Resources Business Partner
D/C Human Resource Assistant
Title: s Reporting to This Position’s Supervisor:
D/C Associate Relations Mgr
D/C Training Manager
Occupational Health Nurse
Come Discover Different at TJX - we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. We move a lot of inventory - at all times of the day - and that takes working, learning, and growing together. When you’re a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit team in our Distribution Centers.
As you think about where to work, know that we take care of our people. We offer competitive pay and great benefits. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.