Are you looking for a career with premium benefits and the potential for growth?
At Inmate Calling Solutions, a TKC Holdings Company, we’ve created something special, a better place to work and grow. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path.
About This Position
The Android / C Software Engineer will develop and maintain mobile applications for both public and enterprise facing devices utilizing the Android JNI . They will also be responsible for pushing new versions to the Google Play Store and maintaining compliance with any policy changes that the platform requires.
What You'll Need
- Develops moderately complex software in Java for Android, C using the NDK and other selected languages for ICS products and/or applications consistently following ICS coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
- Upload to and maintain store listings in the Google Play Console
- Manage Google Developer Console APIs and data limits
- Build and test signed APK and app-bundles
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as source GIT code management software and Make for building native libraries
- Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionality as part of a software project
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- May serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, and offer suggestions to improve processes
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other ICS associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
- Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
- Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system design
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Competent in Java, minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent in C, minimum of 2 years of experience
- Working knowledge of open source tools such as the GNU toolchain, make, including those used to compile, debug and edit
- Working knowledge of the Android JNI and Android make systems
- Strong object oriented programming understanding
- Experience building app and pushing to Google Play Store for public download
- NDK experience for communicating with native libraries
- Ability to push and pull data from web API to app
- Good organizational skills for managing certificate and account credentials
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated commitment to quality
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
Inmate Calling Solutions, a TKC Holdings Company, offers comprehensive benefits to all regular-full time employees. TKC offers a variety of medical plans with prescription coverage, vision, dental, life insurance, short term and long term disability and many more benefits that can be selected to create the right package for you. TKC also understands the importance of work life balance and planning for the future. To help with both of these, employees are eligible for paid time off and a Company Match for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.