Ifyou want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be reallysmart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and ourindustry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's bestwork.(sm)
Throughoutyour 10-12 week internship, you will be placed working within teams in one ofour key business areas: Business Systems Analysis, ApplicationDevelopment, Integration Services, Enterprise Solutions Architecture, ProjectManagement Support, Data Science, Enterprise Data Warehouse, Corporate BusinessIntelligence Reporting, and Business Applications Support. You'll be exposed toany number of fascinating projects while you benefit from healthcare ITexperiences and close collaboration with knowledgeable professionals, coachesand technology leaders. In addition, you'll be exposed to our culture,participate in social responsibility events, and participate in learningsessions from leaders throughout the enterprise.
The intentof our internship program is to provide long term employment opportunitiesthrough WellMed, an organization of Optum, which is a part of theUnitedHealth Group company.
Key Information Regarding the Internship Program:
- This full-time intern position will be available for the summer, starting in May/June 2021
- H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship Internships are not intended for graduating seniors
- Minimum 3.2 Cumulative GPA
- Degrees in Business, Statistics, Health Care Management, Business Analytics, Management Information Systems, or related field
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. F-1 visa holders with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) or Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require visa sponsorship, TN visa holders, current H-1B visa holders, and/or those requiring green card sponsorship will not be considered
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree and deemed a rising senior with a graduation date of December 2021 or May of 2022 from an accredited college/university
- Exposure to SQL, software and hardware knowledge (Example: Java, C, R, Python, SQL & Scala)
- Knowledge of data structures and program design or development
- Understanding of database design, architectures or data management
- Experience in business analysis data analysis or project management
- Completed coursework for Calculus I and II as well as Statistics
- Some experience with non-developer GUI page design in software such as PowerPoint or SharePoint
- Programming experience with web or mobile applications
- Experience building and troubleshooting computer systems for business or recreation
- Other degrees are considered when accompanied by aptitude or interest in technology
- Basic problem solving skills in IT related technologies
Careerswith WellMed. Ourfocus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving tochange the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives,primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary andmulti-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We'vejoined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and ourmission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand andcontrol their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staffare selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care.For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do yourlife's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates ahealthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal EmploymentOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexualorientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, geneticinformation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is adrug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginningemployment.
Keywords:intern, internship, San Antonio, TX, Texas