The Senior IT Project Manager is responsible for managing multifaceted IT projects ensuring scope is delivered according to deadlines, budget, and quality standards. The Senior IT Project Manager manages enterprise wide strategic projects with complex scope and scale, and reports progress or matrix reports on a project directly to Senior Leadership. The Senior IT Project Manager develops project plans, builds project schedules, manages project meetings, communicates progress and status, enforces quality management, and identifies, responds, and manages risks, issues, and changes and manages all information technology project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. The Senior IT Project Manager serves as a mentor for other IT Project Managers.
Positions in this function are involved in the definition, management, and implementation of technology focused projects/programs. Do not use this function ifor project/program management in non-technology roles. Positions are business specialists and technology generalists that manage, direct and interface with business clients. Projects are more stand-alone than programs; program management is typically the orchestration of several related projects
If you are located within Texas you will enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Defining work strategies, aligning these with resources and desired client outcomes, and overseeing planning and execution of the work.
- Ensuring technology solutions are managed to support business strategies, often working with senior management.
- Directing the integration of technical aspects of all related projects/programs.
- Conducting analyses, needs assessments, and cost/benefit assessments and helping to broker other technology services.
- Monitoring financials to ensure budget compliance.
- Release management.
- Generally, work is self-directed and not prescribed.
- Works with less structured, more complex issues.
- Serves as a resource to others.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related technical field or High School Diplomat and 4+ years in each bullet as stated below
- 5+ years of project management experience leading technical projects, including development and execution
- 3+ years combined experience Waterfall development methodologies (developing/writing system requirements, performing system analysis, technical design, test planning, development, testing, implementation)
- 2+ years of experience across any of the following:
- Infrastructure delivery
- integrations/data analytics delivery
- healthcare software delivery experience
- software delivery experience
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained.
- Experience working on infrastructure related projects
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Proficiency of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management including tools and techniques (formal project planning, risk/issue management, governance, cost/benefit analysis, project change controls, etc.).
- Project management certification -- PMI preferred or other applicable/credentialed project management certifications.
- Ability to facilitate working sessions with large, cross-functional teams (business, technical).
- Ability to present to and manage communication with business/IT executive leadership.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio.
- Proficiency with infrastructure technology: virtual hosts/servers, database management systems, mass storage solutions or cloud solutions
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We’re impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We’ve joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Infrastructure Project Manager, San Antonio, TX, Texas, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Arlington, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work from home, Work at home, Remote