Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking an Inpatient Care Management Medical Director to join our Enterprise Clinical Services (ECS) team. This team is responsible for conducting inpatient bed day reviews for UnitedHealth Group's clients; to include local and national commercial employer, Medicare and state Medicaid plans. The ECS Medical Directors work with groups of nurses and support staff to manage inpatient care utilization at a hospital, market, regional or national level.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific times zones as you take on some tough challenges.
- Participate in telephonic outreach for collaboration with treating providers. This will include discussion of evidence - based guidelines, opportunities to close clinical quality / service gaps, and care plan changes that can impact health care expenses
- Responsible to collaborate with operational and business partners on clinical and quality initiatives at the site and customer level to address customer expectations
- Is grounded in the use and application of evidence based medicine (EBM) such as the Milliman Care Guidelines
- Chair periodic market oversight meetings with the outward facing Chief Medical Officers, network contractors, nurse management and other internal managers
- Maintain proficiency in all required software and platforms
Although the United Health Services ICM medical director's work is typically concentrated in a region, he or she is part of a national organization and team, and collaborates with peers, nurse managers, and non-clinical employees from across the country. In response to customer need and expectations, Optum is continuously modifying its programs and approaches. Although not a primary job function, medical directors with the interest in doing so often have the opportunity to be involved with change design and management.
Regardless of your role at Optum, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- MD or DO with an active, unrestricted medical license
- Current Board Certification in Orthopedic Surgery
- 5+ years clinical practice experience
- Technical proficiency in computer software and systems
- Texas license
- 2+ years managed care, Quality Management experience and/or administrative leadership experience
- UM experience
- Clinical experience within the past 2 years
- Preference to reside in the Central, Mountain, or Pacific times zones
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $254,600 to $295,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Inpatient Care Management Medical Director, Inpatient, Care Management, Medical Director, Managed Care, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote