AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network, employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently generating annual sales in excess of a billion dollars.
In April of 2019, AFL made a major investment in ITC Service Group, a Sacramento-based company providing broadband installation, design and staffing services to the telecommunications and IT industries.
ITC Service Group was founded in 1999 and provides managed services and workforce solutions for the nationwide planning design, construction, installation and maintenance of voice, data and video networks.
AFL and ITC were built and are operated on similar core values and philosophies. This will prove extremely beneficial to our customers and our employees.
With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL "Connect" you to your next career opportunity!
If you have a background in telecommunication installation, prism, video, cable or satellite, we'd love to connect with you!
Our technicians take pride in their work, enjoy new technology, and love customer service. This long term opportunity offers paid training and competitive pay. Benefits package includes: medical and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation pay and 401 K plan.
Fiber Installation Technician (Cable Installer) work both inside and outside the home and are responsible for the installation and customer experience of the new Broadband integrated digital TV, high speed Internet and voice services.
Vehicle, Gas, Cell Phone, Tablet, Uniform
A new service order may include:
* Connecting fiber optic jumpers and drops (AERIAL, BURIED AND PLENUM)
* May require running of temporary fiber drop in a manner that does not pose a safety hazard to the public
* Splicing of fiber drop connectors
* Installation of ONT and power supplies
* Installations may require running or reusing COAX or CAT5 wiring
* Installations may require burying CAT5/COAX up to 50 ft.
* Verification of service
* Installation of Internet hubs and routers
* Installations may require utilization of MOCA technology
* Installations may require running or reusing CAT5 or COAX
* Installations may include CAT5 buried drop up to 50ft.
* Configuration of customer-owned computers
* Educating customer about Internet access
* Verification of service
If Video Service is ordered:
* Installations include running COAX cable to TV Boxes
* Running CAT5E cable from routers to network interface modules
* Taking DB loss readings at all splitter points and terminated ends
* Initializing set up box for activation on fiber network
* Programming of remote controls
* Educating customer on video products and services
* Experience in TELEPHONE SERVICE
* Experience in CATV installations
* Knowledge of COAX cable sizes and types
* Experience with test sets such as Signal Strength Meter and OTDR
* Experience with routers and home networking
* Technical understanding of loss, attenuation, and tiling.
* Working within attics and placing wiring between walls
* Computer skills
* Valid state driver's license and non-negligent driving record.
* Meet safety restriction weight limit of 275 lbs.
* Ability to lift and move up to 100 lbs.
* Must be able to work flexible hours with the understanding that workdays can be in excess of normal hours and some weekend and holiday work may be required.
* Must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screen.
* Ability to visually perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
* Ability to complete on-the-job and/or classroom training in order to remain competitive in the telecommunications field.
* Ability to be "on call" and "on standby" in relation to the workload.
* COVID-19 vaccinated
* Ability to demonstrate knowledge of computer operating systems (i.e., MS 98SE, 2000, XP and above).
* Experience cabling various electronic components (e.g., modems, routers, TVs, stereo systems and home entertainment systems).
* Experience working with CAT 5 and COAX wiring.
* Ability to provide efficient, quality customer service to both internal and external customers both face-to-face and over-the-phone.
* Ability to recognize and identify sales opportunities that meet the needs of customers and the company including promoting and closing sales of products and services.
* Knowledge of basic electricity, as it relates to telecommunications (through classes or on-the-job training), which includes: knowledge related to the basic principles, theories, and applications of electricity (e.g., voltage, current, resistance, power, grounding, insulation, Ohm's Law, AC/DC); knowledge of basic electrical components (e.g., conductors, insulators, switches, capacitors, inductors, transformers) and basic circuit design; and knowledge of the operation and application of common electrical components and common measurement instruments (e.g., multi-meters,).
* Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
* Ability to work well with others to achieve common goals and to foster a cooperative climate, as well as to work independently in the field with little supervision.
* Ability to perform job activities outdoors in different weather conditions (e.g., extreme cold and/or heat, inclement weather).
* When working aloft, employee's weight and tools combined may not exceed the 280-pound weight limit as specified by the manufacturer.
* A valid State driver's license.
* Work involves standing, talking, hearing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms.
* The employee is frequently required to walk (10%), sit (5%), climb (10%), balance (5%), stand (15%), stoop (5%), kneel (5%), drive (20%), reach (10%), and smell (5%).
* Skill in operation of some of the listed tools and equipment; and ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time.
* The employee must frequently push, pull, lift (10%) and/or carry up to 100 pounds and occasionally push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 100 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in inclement weather conditions.
* The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and vibration.
* The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
ITC Service Group ("ITC"), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.