IT Enterprise Solutions Architect
The role is responsible for creating and promoting the Solutions Architecture strategy to be used across all information systems. This involves helping drive technology roadmaps; following industry standards and best practices; keeping current with industry trends and emerging technologies; driving quality and performance while focusing on reuse. The role requires strong collaboration with teams across IT and Lines of business.
* Creates, maintains and implements enterprise solutions architecture strategy and roadmap, ensuring business needs are met according to our strategic plan.
* Deliver quality architecture solutions for large multi-year programs spanning one to more lines of business areas in support of enterprise.
* Plan and lead proof of concepts (POCs) in support of new technology and/or new design approaches
* Provide high-level design choices and recommendations based on architecture alternative analysis.
* Drive buy vs build decisions based on reviewing products and capabilities within the enterprise as well as leading products and technologies in the industry.
* Develop prototypes of the system design and work with database, operations, technical support and other IT areas as appropriate throughout development and implementation process.
* Effectively communicate designs and solutions in multiple forums and to various audiences including technology and business executives.
* Work with client stakeholders and vendor/partner and internal delivery teams to translate business requirements and ensure accurate, timely, and secure solutions are available.
* Drive system integration challenges with appropriate solutions.
* Provide oversight across projects in the organization to ensure solutions align to defined standards and industry best practices.
* Responsible for solution security, scalability, and performance that align with industry standards.
* Works with IT leadership to identify opportunities and risks for architecting application solutions, including competitive and financial analysis.
* Provides mentoring on advanced technology concepts and technical capabilities to Information Technology staff.
* Designs Technical/Application Architectures, including integration layer.
* Develops full-stack and reference architecture designs for applications including integrations across lines of business to improve data quality and process efficiencies.
* Participate in building the business cases required to secure approval and funding for efforts needed to support the strategy and related budgeting.
* Provides consulting and guidance on appropriate solutions, guidance on the impact of changes, consolidation and migration to a modern architecture.
* Provide intelligence (internal and external) assisting the business in decisions on product directions that will enhance customer satisfaction and lead to new product development and new business channels.
* Demonstrate initiative to identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or required by the situation.
* Maintain a focus on every employee, every customer and every touchpoint.
* Perform other projects and responsibilities as assigned.
* Provide architectural guidance, consulting and technical support services on project implementation to the project team
* Explain technical issues and IT solution strategies to stakeholders and other IT professionals.
* Identify and mitigate existing business risk or risks associated with solution architecture.
Competencies and Skills:
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to perform/drive in-depth analysis of systems, data flows processes, and architectural trade-offs.
* Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges around data in an enterprise environment.
* Prior experience in digitalization and automation solutions for customers and employees.
* Ability to define solutions to solve large scale, complex business problems with high resiliency, reuse, scalability and performance requirements.
* Proven ability to research and understand new technology solutions and present essential comparisons, pro/cons, and target use cases.
* Working knowledge of IT operations, agile methodology, software development lifecycle and systems architecture.
* Ability to collaborate with business and technical resources to understand and develop solutions that meet business requirements, translating strategy and objectives when necessary
* Ability to lead discussions in a matrix environment focusing on team and organizational success
* Hands-on experience architecting and implementing integrations strategies across different applications and/or Lines of Business.
* Embraces emerging technologies, forward thinking* Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Exhibiting professionalism and diplomacy
* Experience with customer and supplier relationships
* Leading to creative insights into our customer base and product preferences
* Prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
* Leverages industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security and integration for the enterprise.
* Excellent verbal communication and written, with active listening and summarization skills.
* Demonstrated strategic thinker, plans information architecture by studying the business strategy and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design (APIs)
* Demonstrated experience in developing a Solutions Architecture Model to be used across the enterprise, at all points in the design lifecycle.
Work Experience Requirements:
* Hands on working knowledge of a very broad range of IT systems
* 5-10 years of experience in Data engineering, Business Intelligence, Solutions Architecture
* Minimum 5 years large scale technical delivery experience
* Self-driven, innovative and pushes for high quality measurable outcomes
* Hands-on working knowledge and experience in establishing the technical direction for architecting enterprise-scale environments.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, Software Engineering or a related IT field
Minimum Experience: 5 years of experience in Solutions Architecture required
* Experience with Microsoft technology stack (.Net, SQL Server, Azure Cloud Services)