In this position, the primary role is to ensure the security and integrity of on-premise and cloud-based system and network infrastructure. The Systems Administrator will assist in planning the future growth and expansion of our internal and cloud-based network and keeping our IT support staff updated on the latest tools and processes. The Systems Administrator will work directly with IT management and team on design, development and implementing upgrades to the IT infrastructure as well as mentoring IT in development of trainings.
Hours: 8:00AM to 5:00PM – Must be flexible to come in earlier or stay later and work overtime.
- Lead Software Defined network configuration
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine future system needs and plan for network changes.
- Ensure the integrity of high availability network infrastructure and to provide maximum performance for users.
- Design, configure and manage AWS infrastructure to “Best Practices” of security and redundancy
- Upgrade existing equipment to the latest stable firmware releases. Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Liaise with project teams, third party engineers and held desk team on a regular basis
- Provide documentation of all processes and training as needed.
- Monitor network performance, security alerts and troubleshoot problem areas as needed or mitigate security gaps
- Mentor and assist in training other IT Staff in all things IT
- Provide end-user support as needed while serving as an escalation point for end user issues