The Enterprise Information Security (EIS) Cyber Development team is responsible for promoting the use of open-source software, enabling secure software deployment, and developing and operating tools for teams within EIS and Optum. We are seeking a lead software engineer to aid in maturing the software development and operations practices within cyber defense and to then spread those practices through Enterprise Information Security more broadly.
This role requires the ability to coordinate development across multiple projects within EIS. The cyber development team works closely with the EIS rotational program, assisting in the development of their capstone projects. This role reports to the Director of Cyber Development on strategic direction, but work is still self-directed and as such they must be a self-starter with a bias towards action. They must bring a willingness to work smart, ask questions, and continually look for opportunities to improve CDE, EIS, Optum and themselves.
- Grow and mature DevOps practices within EIS
- Provide technical leadership to other software engineers
- Support cross team collaboration across EIS to drive execution of initiatives.
- Deliver technical material and updates to leadership
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- 10 or more years of experience in a technical discipline such as development, systems engineering, or networking
- Familiarity with network design and implementation
- Data engineering experience
- Programming in Python, Java, or Go
- Knowledge of Agile, CI/CD, and DevOps practices
- Knowledge of implementing and operating security controls in commercial Cloud hosting environments including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) products.
- Familiarity with container orchestration and message queue platforms including Kubernetes and Apache Kafka
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and teams focused on innovations and development of information systems and/or security solutions
- Experience working in security operations, cyber defense, or application security
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.