Mindbank Consulting Group is seeking an IT Project Manager skilled in the application of Agile methodologies.
ARE WE THE RIGHT FIT?
Do you want to use your Agile and Team Leadership experience to help protect threatened and endangered species, benefit natural resources conservation, and quickly see the impact of your work?
Do you naturally take initiative; get engaged in problem exploration, project planning, and prioritization; manage your time; and volunteer to meet needs?
Do you thrive in collaborative teams and want to work with a team that strives to live and breathe the Agile philosophy, taking on big challenges by identifying risks, failing fast, adjusting often, and energetically learning from our mistakes?
CONTRACT BACKGROUND / PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), Ecological Services (ES) has developed two pieces of custom software that help USFWS and our partners with ESA Section 7 consultation: Effects Pathway Manager (EPM) and the Information for Planning and Consultation ( IPaC ). IPaC is a public-facing USFWS web application that provides information to over 48,000 external users to help them determine if a project will have effects on federally listed species or designated critical habitat. EPM is an internal USFWS web application for documenting logical cause-effect relationships between an action on the ground and that action’s effect on individuals of a particular species. IPaC leverages the data in EPM to assist users with the ESA Section 7 process. As decision-support tools, IPaC and EPM improve the consultation process by informing more accurate and consistent determinations. IPaC also helps streamline and improves consistency and transparency in the overall consultation process.
Environmental Conservation Online System (ECOS) is a highly visible project for the service which serves as a gateway web site that provides access to data systems in the USFWS and other government data sources. This central point of access assists USFWS personnel in managing data and information, and it provides public access to information from numerous USFWS databases. ECOS produces a variety of reports related to the List of Threatened and Endangered Species.
IPaC and EPM have been part of ECOS since their inception and are now being transitioned into the new ECOSphere system. This transition involves not only moving our applications into the Cloud, but also changing our data connections to the data warehouse and ETK and away from ECOS modules. Moving IPaC and EPM into the ECOSphere system will provide future synergistic opportunities to offer even better tools for consultation to both our USFWS and external users.
Along with moving from ECOS to ECOSphere, USFWS-ES is seeking to make several planned improvements to both IPaC and EPM and continue to make critical fixes as issues arise. USFWS-ES has identified the following IPaC- and EPM-related software development needs that will result in significant benefits to all of our users (USFWS, our field offices, action agencies, and the public) in terms of time savings and value added.
The primary goals of this work are to:
1. Improve and update IPaC and EPM software and its integrations, to better serve our users
2. Continue to provide support (operations and maintenance) of IPaC and EPM for our users
· 6+ years demonstrated software development experience as Scrum Master on a scrum team, with a track record of results
· Knowledge of and experience applying Agile methodologies
· Experience managing or coordinating the efforts of software developers
· Experience working with product owners to support the definition of user stories and fleshing out requirements and business rules
· Ability to assess, document, and track new requirements, manage the sprint backlog, and facilitate follow-on technical discussions with the product owner as needed
· Ability to assess and follow through with scrum team issues based on priority, impact, risk, and release timing
· Experience with Agile development tools such as JIRA, Confluence, etc.
· Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques; ability to track the backlog, develop burndown metrics, define velocity, and help with task definition and breakdown
· Agile Certification, such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Agile Certified Professional (PMI-ACP), SAFe Scrum Master (SSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM).
· Experience with and enjoyment of direct interaction with product owners and application end users
· A strong desire to work collaboratively as part of a dynamic and creative team
· Outstanding written and oral communication skills
· Proven effectiveness working on dispersed teams (i.e., working remotely)
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
· PMP certification
· Experience with working in government contract environments
BENEFITS OF JOINING THIS PROJECT
We’re flexible and open to remote employees, if the fit is right.
We follow Agile practices and work closely and collaboratively with our client/business team/product owner.
On the IPaC team, you’ll be able to make an impact fast. The work you accomplish will directly correlate with the success of natural resources conservation and you will see the product of your time, energy, and creativity make a difference.
You will be working on two exceptional software products ( IPaC and EPM), along with working to coordinate and integrate with our host environment (ECOSphere) and have opportunities to creatively contribute to products with high demand and funding for development of new features.
BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR MINDBANK
Mindbank has been providing business solutions to Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies for over two decades. We provide IT Services Supplemental Staffing, Specialized/On-Demand Recruiting, Supplemental Human Resources Services, Vendor Management Solutions, and Outplacement Services.
Our nationwide presence offers consultants many interesting assignments locally and around the country. As a Mindbank consultant, you have choices. You advise us for which companies you are most interested in working. We never submit your resume to any company without your prior permission. You determine if you want a full-time or a part-time position, or if you would like to take time off between assignments. We want our relationship with you to last; therefore, we listen carefully to your preferences and work hard to match you with the perfect opportunity.
We also offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- 401K Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employment Options
- Market Strength – Quality Reputation
- Our Commitment to our employees and clients
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.