Valero is the best-in-class producer of essential fuels and products that are foundational to modern life. The world requires reliable, affordable, and sustainable energy and we see this as an opportunity.
Our 10,000 employees work together as a team to relentlessly pursue excellence, embrace the highest standards of safety and responsible operations, leverage our creativity and technical expertise to solve challenging problems, care about our employees and the communities where we work and live, and recognize integrity is critical to our ongoing success.
As a Business Systems Support Specialist – Refining Systems / Kronos in the Refining Systems Department, you will be part of a team that provides digital business solutions for our Refining, Logistics, and Green Diesel operations. This includes an ecosystem of integrated software solutions, mobile devices, and proprietary applications – both on premises and in the cloud.
Your primary focus will be supporting live installations and the rollout of our Kronos employee scheduling solution at Valero’s facilities. You will work with the corporate HR department as well as local site staff.
Key attributes required for this position are :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal & Communication Skills
At Valero, we are committed to advancing the future of energy through innovation, ingenuity and unmatched execution.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Engage in all phases of the application development lifecycle (e.g. requirements gathering, planning, analysis, design, implementation, and support).
- Bring in new ideas to improve current applications and processes
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with all corporate and refinery business partners
- Test and train end-users on new applications, features, or fixes.
- Take support calls from business teams to provide troubleshooting and solution services.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- A bachelor's degree (or higher) or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or related field is required.
- 5 years of experience in Kronos Workforce Central to include : Workforce Scheduler, Workforce Integration Manager, Workforce Timekeeper, and Fatigue Management required.
- Experience translating business requirements to Kronos configuration and supporting changes to that configuration required.
- 5 years of experience in business application design, configuration (or development), and implementation required.
- Proficient skills using Microsoft Office programs (i.e., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and Skype) required.
Successful candidates will have :
- Kronos System Configuration experience in US, UK and Canadian Payroll preferred.
- Experience with SQL Server and J2EE knowledge preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Experience in systems design, programming, testing, and/or implementation preferred.
- Business or technical experience integrating with SAP HR and PM preferred.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding?
Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee and Family Wellness Centers
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.