Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Lead Drafter, you will have the opportunity to design and provide multi-discipline drafting/design services for VTDC. You will prepare detailed technical drawings using CADD methods for VTDC facility and pipeline projects. Provide technical assistance to Operations and Maintenance personnel.
Key Competencies required for this position are :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks while serving the needs of our employees, communities, and stakeholders.
To contribute toward these goals and be successful in this role, the candidate should :
- Provide technical support to all Valero Terminaling and Distribution (VTDC) departments that will result in safe, efficient, and cost-effective installations.
- Provide expertise and support to the engineering group for all AutoCAD-related functions.
- Perform complex designs, preliminary equipment studies, equipment/plot layouts, complex pipe design and routings, electrical cabinet designs and cable tray/conduit routing, standard detail design development and structural/concrete detailing.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- High school diploma or GED.
- 8 plus years of design experience in pipeline/terminals-related industry.
- 8 plus years in AutoCAD, CADWorx, 3D Design, Isometrics, Detailed Drawings, BOM’s, Excel, and Word.
- 8 plus years with AutoCAD, including CadWorx Plant and P&ID, Mapping Software, Navisworks, Excel, and Word.
The most competitive candidates will have :
- CADWork Plant Certification.
Need more reasons to work for a company that is both professionally challenging and culturally rewarding?
Take a look at some of our best-in-class benefits :
- Competitive Pay and Annual Bonus Program
- 100% match on 401(K) up to 7%, with immediate vesting
- Company-sponsored Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Onsite Daycare Center
- Onsite Employee & Family Wellness Center
- State-of-the-art 24-hour Fitness Center free for employees and spouses with access to Tennis and Basketball Facilities
- Onsite cafeteria open for breakfast and lunch
- Sprawling campus with walking paths and access to biking/hiking on the greenbelt
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.