Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
Responsible for building platforms and frameworks to create consistent, verifiable, and automatic management of applications and infrastructure between non-production and production environments across multiple cloud providers
Will be designing and implementing cloud architectures from the infrastructure to the web services and everything in between
Review automation to build complete solutions that the teams would deliver them to the customer base
Evaluation of emerging technologies and the implementation of those technology as part of solution building
Provides mentorship and technical leadership of team members
Managing the DevSecOps process, defining the controls, integration points and policy enforcement across multiple cloud providers
We're looking for an experienced technical leader who can lead governance as well as get their hands dirty writing code and implementing them for PoC.
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/ mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience managing and using a Public Cloud Providers (Google, AWS, Azure)
- 3+ years of experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Automation tools and REST API’s
- Experience with software design and development
- Experience with Unix or Linux Administration
- Experience with OS Packaging and containerization
- Experience with Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking
- Experience keeping up with the latest development in open source frameworks and emerging technologies
- Experience with one or more CICD and DevOps tools but not limited to Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform (CICD)
- Advanced skills in debugging and resolving technical problems across a wide range of technology platforms
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Cloud Software Engineer, Cloud Software Engineer, Lead Cloud Software Engineer, Cloud, Lead, Public Cloud, Google, AWS, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, Automation tools, REST API, Software design, software development, Unix, Linux, OS Packaging, containerization, Layer 2 networking, Layer 3 networking, Open Source framework, CICD, DevOps tools, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, healthcare, Optum, UHG, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Irvine, CA, California