Who We Are:
As a recognized leader in space systems, SwRI develops avionics, data storage, and on-orbit processing electronics enabling next generation missions throughout the solar system.
Objectives of this Role:
- As part of SwRI’s Space Avionics Flight Software Team, you’re work will benefit humankind through enabling scientific discoveries, improved weather forecasting, in-orbit satellite servicing, and revolutionizing on-orbit processing.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Lead, design, develop, and verify mission, spacecraft and instrument flight software for a variety of space applications applying sound software engineering disciplines and practices.
- Perform and direct all phases of the system lifecycle including proposal development, applied research, requirements generation, design, implementation, testing, integration, installation, and documentation.
- Perform software project management functions including project planning, cost and schedule development, progress tracking against plans, programmatic and technical reviews, etc.
- Support related systems engineering activities and maintain relationships with other technical disciplines and project functional areas.
- Interact and interface with clients including developing technical presentations. Travel to client and team organization facilities is required and varies by project.
- Requires an Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Software Engineering, Software Development, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- At least 8 years of direct experience designing software for high reliability embedded systems. Experience in working with hardware preferred
- Must be able to work independently and in project team environments
- Must have good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be an embedded systems software designer/developer, have experience with real time operating systems, and be familiar with the design of real-time systems. Proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including algorithm and data structure design required
- Experience with networking/socket programming and Python, as well as, familiarity with VxWorks, embedded Linux, RTEMS OS for embedded systems
- Interest and/or experience in working with hardware and direct space flight design experience a plus
- Excellent Communication Skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas | Austin, Texas
For more information about this division, visit the Space Science & Engineering home page.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace