Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Lead,Provider Network assists the Provider Network Supervisor with quality service monitoring, performance feedback and prioritizing of daily tasks in order to meet departmental task initiatives. Foster communication between Provider Network Specialists and internal/external customers in a high volume, fast paced, deadline driven and goal structured environment. Provide support to staff inorder to ensure that LHI’s contractual obligations and the departmental objectives are achieved.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Support and develop staff in an effort to communicate with internal and external customers more effectively.
- Troubleshoot issues related to internal and external customers. Provide responses to Customer Satisfaction Surveys and Contract Discrepancy reports after research of these concerns. Determine appropriate outcome of provider status based on research performed.
- Mentors and monitors the efforts of the recruitment and contracting of providers – including fee negotiation, manual assignment of orders and retrieval of missing exam documents.
- Implement and enforce policy and procedure modifications to Provider Network Specialists.
- Report daily task numbers and order status to department Supervisor and Manager
- Participate in and lead discussions within meetings with team and internal customers.
- Participate in miscellaneous duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School diploma - equivalent combination of education, experience and/or applicable military experience will be considered
- 1+ years of experience in a vendor or customer management-related (recruitment, contracting/sales or credentialing) role handling complex business relationships with accountability for business results
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Knowledge of leadership principles and team environment
- Ability to review business reports and conduct independent analysis focused on organizational priorities and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple ongoing projects within expected timeframes
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- 2+ years of experience in a vendor or customer management-related (recruitment, contracting/sales or credentialing) role handling complex business relationships with accountability for business results
- Sales/Contracting/Account Management Experience
- Credentialing Experience
- Medical, Dental or Healthcare Industry Experience
- Medical and Dental Coding/Billing Practices Experience
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Solid professional verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently
- Able to adjust to changing priorities
- Must be able to problem solve and propose solutions
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost-effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission-driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $25.63 to $45.72. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Provider Network, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote