Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Lead Service Support at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to support the daily operations of the Research department which provides direct and back office support to PenFed members on a variety of complex topics (deposit accounts, loans, Individual Retirement Accounts, etc.) via multiple support channels (live chat, email response, case management, etc.).
Work schedule: Tuesday – Saturday; 9 am – 5:30 pm
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Support team members and other PenFed business units by providing subject matter expertise on a variety of topics including: PenFed loan and deposit accounts, Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), account ownership, live chat, online and mobile app technical support, etc.
- Monitor department workflow and queue backlog to meet SLA expectations. Reallocate resources as needed.
- Provide training to new team members upon onboarding and ongoing training to ensure enough skill coverage.
- Assess departmental workflow, policies and procedures and make recommendations to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist PenFed members through issue escalation when appropriate to provide exceptional member experience.
- Resolve complex individual and mass issues through exceptional research, analysis and troubleshooting.
- Utilize a variety of technology platforms and applications (Salesforce, Microsoft Office, DOS-based, etc.).
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) to four (4) years of experience in customer service or call/contact center environment is preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Technical proficiency in standard business computer operations.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience in a Salesforce environment preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise. *Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.