Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Lead Software Engineer for the Conversational AI Platform (CAIP) you'll be working on a technical design/implementation team to evolve our Virtual Assistant offering. We need someone with a strong background in architecture, design patterns, and engineering best-practices. An aptitude for collaboration is critical to further mature our CAIP into all channels text, voice, and other.
Our product, enabled by Microsoft Azure, is leveraged by agents, members, consumers, and others who benefit from our cognitive services and machine learning capabilities.
The Conversational AI Platform is built specifically for the healthcare sector, and is enabling engineering teams to more quickly deliver AI capabilities to market. The CAIP orchestration & skill-based architecture will be the defining Conversational AI capability for the enterprise, and is rapidly growing across various text & voice channels. Some current and future CAIP opportunities include web chat, SMS, in-app messaging, live call audio streams, IVR virtual personas & fulfillment, smart speakers, video.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Ideal candidates will work in Eden Prairie, MN or in another Optum/UHG Office. U.S. Telecommuters will be considered in core alternate states.
- Provide technical implementation leadership for agile teams for building and supporting Public Cloud-based tools and services supporting AI and machine learning model development, Model Ops, and Data Ops
- Lead and motivate teams and set technical standards (no HR oversight)
- Use your expertise to lay down architectural foundations and provide guidance on development, with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt
- Drive delivery on a roadmap that helps transform capabilities by combining access to the right tools, data, platforms and scalable computing with Optum’s healthcare expertise and industry leading data assets
- Produce high quality solutions that are highly reliable and scalable
- Work directly with Business, Technology, Digital to drive development of new service/ product offering
- Collaborate effectively in a cross-functional team of engineers, product leaders, scrum masters & User Experience engineers
- Support the software delivery team’s ability to rapidly deliver high-value, quality software through the use of automation and 'everything - as - code' best practices
- Ensure application stability with exceptional quality, reliability engineering, and security controls
- Collaboration & mentoring
- Recommending engineering best-practices
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery
- 3+ years of experience building and deploying applications to the cloud (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, etc.) using Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Terraform
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise with modern programming languages, systems, and architectures
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience with NodeJS, Golang, Python, Ruby, or similar languages
- Experience building RESTful web services
- Expertise in performance and scalability optimization
- Knowledge of software and infrastructure security practice
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you'll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.