Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
This position has responsibility and capability to work multi-platforms. Responsible for large and more complex components, while influencing overall product architecture and patterns. Actively engages with users and customer feedback processes to improve personal and organization understanding of business, market, and customer’s perspectives. Considers the user experience, business impact and solution objective when participating in or leading feature/capability elaboration, backlog grooming, design, and development of solutions. Demonstrates understanding of cost of quality (correctness, usability, availability) and ensures customer/market quality requirements are addressed in solution requirements and designs. Contributes to or leads initiatives that drive score improvement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drives the application of modern software engineering practices to improve team delivery and solution outcomes
- Champions the implementation of instrumentation and diagnostics to support maintainability and operations
- Applies broad knowledge of domain to optimize choices in architecture and design
- Leads team in identifying and implementing modern components, tools and technologies
- Champions “automation first” mentality throughout engineering and operations practices
- Leads the implementation of software solutions
- Drives code reuse and contribution strategy for span of control; minimizes redundant development
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn and appropriately apply new technologies to solve engineering
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions that exemplify modern software engineering practices
- Reuses and/or develops for reuse complex components or capabilities to solve complex problems and needs
- Enhances system design/architecture to simplify and improve resiliency in system interactions and dependencies
- Contributes to or helps drive architecture/design, technology, and tool decisions and implementations
- Implements and continuously improves agile software delivery, code management, and operations practices
- Mentors junior team members in modern engineering practices, technologies, and patterns
- Owns the technical debt backlog and high-level plan
- Maintains current perspective on technology trends, applying that to personal and team capability growth
- Actively participate in code review
- Providing guidance on the technical implementation across the delivery team
- Leading the teams on Proof of Technology projects
- Technical solution analysis and recommendations
- Framework development
- Significant hands-on coding
- Mentorship of other team members
- Moderate familiarity with many technologies and shares this with others
- Recommends ways to mitigate interdependencies
- Shares learnings with others to influence change
- Effectively communicates with business stakeholders and technical team
- Recommends how to best use data science
- Breaks complex topics into meaningful chunks of information
- Sorts through large amounts of data to assess for relevancy
- Seeks out multiple sources to gather information
- Identifies cause and effect relationships between known and unknown variables
- Reviews the work of others
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/mentor
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience developing in an enterprise environment and leading both development and architecture initiatives
- 7+ years of experience with C#, .Net Core 3.x, , Angular (Version 6+ preferred)
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL 2016 development
- Experience developing RESTful APIs using C# and .NET Core
- Experience building, deploying, and operating production cloud applications preferably on Azure
- DevOps experience leveraging CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps or similar tools
- Experience building automation and development tools such as CLIs or SDKs
- Experience building software using modern patterns such as streaming, event-driven architectures, and microservices
- Experience with a variety of database technologies (Relational/Non-Relational)
- Experience collaborating across teams to deliver complete and cohesive features and end-to-end experiences, on time
- Experience designing and building cloud native APIs and services
- Experience implementing and driving complex solutions through a team of engineers
- Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable and reliable services/systems
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Microservices, .NET, Lead, Agile, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote