Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Lead Software Engineer will primarily focus on development, maintenance, and support of various applications. This role will be responsible for delivery of critical healthcare product applications and will be interact with a culturally and technically diverse community which includes mainframe and distributed developers, engineering teams, user communities and management.
- Leads in defining, documenting and developing software, software applications, as well as contributes to architecture and technical design discussions, code reviews and technical design/specifications in collaboration with the project team
- Provides sound project management skills to the team and assignments
- Creates thorough, professional quality project documentation and technical specifications
- Evaluates software change requests, determines business need or conducts root cause analysis, and implements technically efficient solutions
- Assesses the impact of software changes and new development on other systems; conducts integration tests to mitigate risks
- Mentors peers and junior team members, and participates in and promotes a knowledge-sharing environment
- Proactively recommends, schedules, and performs software improvements and upgrades
- Recommends best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting end user access and usage of database applications
- Perform other relevant job duties as assigned
Job consists of unique and multi-dimensional work situations with routine variations from the norm. Job involves a moderate to high degree of complexity. Duties are performed independently under general supervision and work is verified by results. Decisions are made within established departmental guidelines, but also by using judgment for the best reasonable outcome. Position has high visibility to Senior Leadership through direct interaction and reporting. Errors in judgment or work performance could result in insufficient operation for the organization.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computers) from an accredited four-year College or University
- 8+ years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in performing tuning, code profiling, code review, hands on experience using Best Patterns and Practices
- Solid background in Designing & Implementing Applications using technologies defined by the Standard Enterprise Architecture
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience designing and developing objects and components of relational database
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, data processing concepts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Job requires hours that may exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during times of peak activity. Evening meetings and/or weekend work sometimes required to ensure timely project completion. Moderate to high job pressure exists in the balancing of several projects with conflicting and sometimes changing deadlines.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Developer