If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
ProtectWell, the simplest way to disrupt the spread of airborne infectious diseases, is looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer. In this role you will be a member of the software engineering team and work to innovate and impact the overall direction of the ProtectWell offering. Specifically, you will design, develop and implement software capabilities for safely gathering and returning to the workplace across a wide variety of industries and organizations. You will leverage scientific insights and contribute to an innovative product roadmap that leverages the simple power of symptom attestation and vaccination tracking to break the chain of spread and help businesses and people thrive.
The Lead Software Engineer will contribute to the ProtectWell software platform by coding solutions based on product requirements and will often work on forward-looking feasibility and proof of concept work. The Lead Engineer is a well rounded, self-motivated front end or full stack developer experienced with UI frameworks. Interaction and collaboration with other team members is critical for success and the candidate will be exposed to ProtectWell operations and work cross functionally with other departments to release and support product capabilities. This position requires a motivated team player with an agile mindset and a passion for software design who is excited to join in the early stages of a new business.
- Experience as a software technical leader and innovator within the software development organization
- Understand use cases and business need for software solution requests
- Develops innovative approaches and leverage modern approaches and capabilities
- Collaborate with engineering team to plan and estimate solution development
- Experience in development and deployment using Cloud native solutions (Azure preferred)
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality within the ProtectWell platform
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures within the software engineering team
- Support adoption of Agile Methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum and/or Kanban
- Reviews the work of others and serve as a leader and/or mentor to engineering team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 7+ years of experience in the software engineering profession with demonstrated success designing and building high-quality, commercial software applications
- 5+ years of experience working on large scale, multiple team projects
- Expertise across the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Ability to develop Full Stack, end to end software solutions
- Mobile development experience with hybrid platforms, React Native and Expo preferred, web applications with React
- Experience using Visual Studio, Azure DevOps, .NET Core
- Understand/working knowledge of SQL Server and Cosmos DB
- Curiosity and awareness of technological trends and patterns in enterprise software development
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of API and RESTful services
- Healthcare Industry experience
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 7 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, ProtectWell - Minneapolis, MN