Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumServe’s mission is to help federal agencies tackle some of the biggest challenges in health care by partnering with the Departments of Health and Human Services, Defense, Veterans Affairs and other organizations to modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of citizens across the country. The OptumServe Technology Services’ business unit focuses on health information technology and how to further federal customers’ missions by continually looking for ways to increase efficiency and thereby, lower costs.
OptumServe Technology Services is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to provide design and development support, as well as technical analysis and research as part of a broader strategy to grow technical competencies and support federal customer needs. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and implementing cloud-based technologies including tools and services, as well as proofs of concept and other research and development needs.
It is expected that the Lead Software Engineer will have the ability and willingness to quickly learn new tools, conduct necessary research on various tools and technologies, and make recommendations for which tools best meet federal customer use cases. In addition, the Lead Software Engineer will provide hands-on development support for developing various software and applications such as data processing programs, data ingestion and transfer scripting, automation programming, and so forth.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assesses requirements, use cases and customer needs to make recommendations on technical tools and services as part of solutions and pilots
- Serves as a key resource in developing key applications and programs in support of broader strategy and customer needs
- Solves complex problems as they arise in vetting new technology and develops innovative solutions as applicable
- Focuses on quality of work and continuous improvement for developing code and setting up tools and applications in the cloud
- Provides clear explanations and recommendations to other on complex issues including working with vendors as applicable on debugging, troubleshooting or research
- Adheres to deadlines and delivers on tasks assigned ensuring transparency with challenges, and proactively identifies mitigations and solutions to ensure tasks are complete on-time
- Reviews work performance by others and provides recommendations for improvement
- Collaborates with organizational leadership to understand strategy and needs to ensure recommendations and results align with expectations
- Collects input from other team members as well as internal and external stakeholders to fold into implementation or develop new ideas for delivering results
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years software, data and/or related engineering experience
- Experience working in multiple cloud environments, especially AWS and familiarity with cloud-native tools and services
- Experience with Python
- Experience working with cloud - native big data platforms such as Snowflake data warehouse as a service
- Experience with DevSecOps tools and building CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of cutting - edge technologies
- Certification in cloud or related technology
- Experience working with CMS projects and other federal customers especially in a cloud-hosted system
- Experience in multiple programming languages such as PySpark, Java, Scala
- Experience working with cloud-native programming, analytics and modeling tools such as Databricks
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Principal Engineer, Software Architect, Design, Development, Technical Analysis, Cloud, Proofs Of Concept, Engineering, Software Engineering, Software Engineer, AWS, Python, Big Data, Snowflake, CI/CD, Devsecops, Pyspark, Java, Scala, Cloud Native Programming, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Columbia, MD, Maryland