LEGAL ASSISTANT position starting salary $37,440 annually. Higher starting salary with the right experience combined with generous salary growth potential
Thomas J. Henry Law is currently seeking Legal Assistants to join the firm.
Our Legal Assistants have one of the highest median pay rates compared to every other personal injury firm in the state.
Multiple positions available in Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi.
LEGAL ASSISTANT Essential Functions
- Interact daily with assigned clientele and Potential New Clients (PNC) to understand their needs which will provide more clarity for assigned attorney directions
- Work closely and in tandem with assigned attorney in a team environment and ensure all policies and procedures are followed and completed
- Communicate daily with assigned attorney using multiple mediums (i.e. Email, written reports, one on one presentation, etc.) to address any case building, property damage, or case settling issues and direction
- Quickly and efficient obtain police reports from various police agencies
- Quickly and efficiently set up auto Liability, Uninsured (UM), Underinsured (UIM), and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)/Medical Payment (Med Pay) claims daily
- Ensure clientele are receiving medical treatment if necessary and proper policies are being followed
- Handle clientele complaint issues, requests, and demands accordingly
- Effectively explain and execute Attorney-Client contracts to grow law firm and increase local clientele market share
- Provide close attention to all clients and potential new clients both in person and over the phone
- Resolve client’s property damage issues providing client with their respective options.
- Manage rental car requests and rental car accounts per client file
- File management encompassing keeping file organized and filing mail/faxes daily
- Other duties as assigned
LEGAL ASSISTANT Competencies
- Superb organizational and time management skills to include meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Teamwork capacity to include ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the department and the organization in general
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with policy and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to promote and maintain a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions
LEGAL ASSISTANT Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous law office experience preferred
- Customer service background preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Salesforce software or other CRM system
- Experience with a variety of office equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
LEGAL ASSISTANT Benefits include:
- Medical – 80% employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life & other supplemental insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching (up to 4%)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary gym membership
- Company events – to include giving back to the community!
Why Work Here?
This is the firm that will take your career to the next level. We focus on obtaining RESULTS for our clients!
Our law firm has been named a “Best Place to Work” in the country by Glassdoor two years in a row!
We consistently outperform our peers in categories such as:
- Career Opportunities
- Compensation and Benefits
- Culture and Values
- Senior Leadership
If you are looking for the opportunity to make the most of your experience, talents and work ethic, we may be the place for you!
Multiple positions available in Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi.