Legal Education Instructor Summary/ Objective:
Knowledge Learning Management Systems
Ability to Create Legal Course Curricula
Ability to Create Testing
The instructor will develop a training curriculum, learning outcomes, teaching materials, and exercises that are designed to introduce and train new employees for each division of the law firm. The instructor will teach using a variety of methods designed to help employees develop their knowledge and skills in order to achieve performance objectives. This position must be able to train onsite and in a virtual classroom; use law firm approved technology and Learning Management System software, respond to inquiries and create teaching materials.
Legal Education Instructor Job Responsibilities:
- Research, evaluate, and select training materials for the specified curricular needs as determined by firm management.
- Provide curricula, learning outcomes, training plans and track training schedules.
- Incorporate feedback from observations.
- Facilitate employee learning, provide effective instruction, and perform formative and substantive evaluations of attorney and non-attorney staff.
- Adhere to and enhance provided training plans, handouts, and presentations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to support the specified training program, ensuring that employee learning outcomes are achieved.
- Create and implement training as needed or requested by firm leadership.
- Manage overall training programs in firm and coordinate with managers.
- Must have good computer-based skills.
Legal Education Instructor Competencies:
- Ability to contribute to the goals of the law firm
- Have high energy level and ability to engage employees
- Have excellent presentation skills
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Sense of urgency and enjoy multi-tasking
- Superb organizational and time management skills to include meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Outstanding attendance and punctuality
- Teamwork capacity to include ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in the department and the organization in general
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with policy and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; researching/problem-solving skills
- Excellent client service skills and the ability to promote and maintain a strong commitment to the mission and values of the organization
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate situations and exercise good judgment to make appropriate decisions
Legal Education Instructor Preferred Experience:
- Law School Professor
- Juris Doctorate with strong academic credentials
- Must have good computer-based skills
- Record showing potential for excellence in teaching
- Receive and respond to ongoing training, development, and feedback
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with general software systems
- Experience with a variety of office equipment
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
Legal Education Instructor Benefits include:
- Medical – 80% employer contribution
- Dental, Vision, Life & other supplemental insurance
- 401K with Employer Matching (up to 4%)
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Complimentary gym membership
- Company events – to include giving back to the community!
Why Work Here?
This is the firm that will take your career to the next level. We focus on obtaining RESULTS for our clients!
Our law firm has been named a “Best Place to Work” in the country by Glassdoor two years in a row!
We consistently outperform our peers in categories such as:
- Career Opportunities
- Compensation and Benefits
- Culture and Values
- Senior Leadership
If you are looking for the opportunity to make the most of your experience, talents and work ethic, we may be the place for you!