Our client in the San Antonio Texas area is seeking a full-time, talented Legal Secretary with 4+ years’ of Appellate experience to join their growing team. The position offers competitive pay and benefits, 401K, and PTO! This is a great Firm to make a home and grow with the firm. Great firm culture. Litigation secretaries deal with very detail-oriented data associated with lawsuits, so they must possess excellent organizational skills.
- A litigation secretary's primary duty is to help organize the data behind legal proceedings.
- Drafting letters, drafting shells for discovery responses, drafting general answers to pleadings and heavy litigation expertise
- Formatting briefs, pleadings and other legal documents
- Keeping track of attorney time records and billing
- Filing legal documents (e-filing skills are preferred)
- Maintaining Calendars and prepare hearing binders
- Maintain professional interaction with clients and keep clients informed of cases
- Must have experience with traditional secretarial tasks (i.e. typing, dictation, answering phones, calendaring, etc.)
- Be familiar with certain court procedures, i.e. Scheduling Orders, Depositions, Subpoenas, Service of Process, and Certified Mailings
- Document production and Bates labeling documents
- Must be able to take on some tasks traditionally handled by Paralegals such as drafting and reviewing documents, communicating with clients, preparing hearing binders, assisting with trials and client meetings, and organizing and maintaining files.
- 4+ years of Appellate or Litigation experience
- Must be highly organized and efficient, have a knack for problem solving, independent-thinking and be a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be a team-player and have a pleasant personality. Must be able to get along well with others.
- Needs to have a willingness to want to learn to perform more paralegal-type work.
- Must understand business and construction litigation.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint (and Westlaw, if possible)
- Demonstrate proficiency in data management software
Compensation and benefits for this position are very competitive. Compensation in this position can reach up to $65k + bonus for the ideal individual. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of response to this posting, candidates without the above stated experience will not be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Do not let this unique opportunity pass by. If you are interested in learning more about this role, e-mail your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] This search is priority to our client and they ready to interview. Our client is only looking at individuals within daily commuting distance to the San Antonio Texas area.