Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire a Lending Officer 1 for our National Credit Solutions-Agency/Government Team within National Underwriting and Production Risk Management (NUPRM) who has a strong desire and passion to deliver an exceptional experience in helping customers with their home loan applications. If you thrive on working with high accuracy and attention to detail and working with a team to meet customer needs, we want to talk to you!
National Underwriting and Production Risk Management (NUPRM) provides support for transaction underwriting, managing production risk, and implementation of policies and procedures that support the home lending process. As part of Wells Fargo Home Lending, NUPRM identifies and adopts best practices and controls in relation to retail mortgage products. The Agency/Government Underwriting team reviews complex loan types and transactions and makes the credit decisions on these files. This team maintains the highest levels of agency/government underwriting expertise and approval authority. They use the High Performance Lending philosophy to decision loans based on risk profile assessment rather than strict guidelines.
The Lending Officer 1 is responsible for monitoring lending activities for multiple business units or departments. Functions may include: approving loans in excess of regional, state, business unit or credit officer authority levels; ensuring conformity with company/regulatory policies and procedures; granting credit and exception approvals and providing credit quality controls; monitoring of delinquency, loss, and risk rating accuracy; assisting credit officers and other senior officers with structuring, pricing and documentation of loan transactions; monitoring and reviewing credit underwriting and portfolio management performance; managing on-going account relationships. May be responsible for preparing or reviewing reports provided to senior management regarding portfolio performance. May also be responsible for reviewing/approving workout strategies for individual loans and coaching/developing credit skills of officers.
This LO position has customer contact and job duties which may include needs assessing and referring those customers interested in a dwelling secured product to a SAFE team member. This position includes assisting customers without taking an application and without offering or negotiating terms of a dwelling secured transaction. Individuals in a LO position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
- 5+ years of lending experience
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer loan underwriting or credit in mortgage lending
- Knowledge and understanding of underwriting policies and procedures, investor guidelines, and regulatory updates
- Experience with underwriting policies and procedures such as risk-layering and asset evaluation
- Ability to consult, build, and maintain solid working relationships in and outside of immediate department
- Strong relationship development skills
- Leadership skills including; coaching, training, and mentoring
Other Desired Qualifications
- MCD 3 or 4 level of agency lending authority
- Government lending authority
- Experience with escalation process
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
IA-Des Moines: 800 Walnut St - Des Moines, IA
TX-San Antonio: 4101 Wiseman Blvd - San Antonio, TX
MN-Minneapolis: 2701 Wells Fargo Way - Minneapolis, MN
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.